Quick drying hair?

FlawedBeauty

Can someone help me out. For some reason I thought that quick drying hair is a bad thing, or perhaps I have it backwards. Now that I'm natural my hair dries super fast after I wash. Does that mean I need more moisture?

Do you feel that you need to moisturize all of the time? Or does your hair feel fine (soft with a nice moisture balance) once it is dry?

If your hair dries SUPER fast and feels overly dry all of the time even though you're DCing, I think that means that your hair is too porous. Most people use Roux Porosity Control to correct it.

If your hair dries fast, but still feels good and moist once it's dry I wouldn't worry about it and KIM.

thanks ladies, this is what i was thinking as well. should i start doing an ACV rinse on the regular, or will that make me even drier ya think? it dries super fast, but it feels pretty soft. when i DC it feels amazingly soft when i rinse the stuff out, but its just kinda like 'eh' after it dries. its just from the crown up tho, the bottom half of my hair is a totally different texture and is always soft and silky like.

^^^ I am not sure as I myself have never used ACV but many of the women here swear by them. My advice is to start slow with the ACV i.e. a tbsn in say 2 litres of water and gradually build up until you hit the desired amount.

You could also use PC or Joico Cuticle sealer as previously suggested.

im gonna go with the ACV in small doses like u suggested since i already have some at home. i am a baaaaaad PJ and buying one thing will turn into 100 things :lachen:

^^^ I am not sure as I myself have never used ACV but many of the women here swear by them. My advice is to start slow with the ACV i.e. a tbsn in say 2 litres of water and gradually build up until you hit the desired amount.

You could also use PC or Joico Cuticle sealer as previously suggested.

hmm... I don't have experience with ACV rinses (frankly when I was natural I didn't know about them lol), so I can't give any advise on that one. BUT having a dry crown area is a very common problem. I would try the Roux PC on that area AND do an LHCF thread search on crown dryness. There's got to be lots of threads where people have been troubleshooting this particular issue.

^^^ Okay OP just to let you know that I was DCing when I first came into this thread (after a my first ever Henna treatment). Anyway after my Henna I DC'd as usual and then did an ACV rinse (as suggested by Nonie - thanks Nonie). I think I added about 1.5 tablespoons of Aspall (UK brand) ACV to about 1.5 litres of my homemade tea infusion (green tea, white tea and nettle tea) and I must admit that my hair is not drying out as quickly as it usually does (i.e. as per your original posting).

Anyway I will continue to keep an eye on things and hopefully these rinses will help my hair and esp my scalp and keep them both healthy.

HTH's

thanks. now, are you rinsing with it then rinsing it out. or do you let the mixture stay in your hair as the final rinse?

^^^ Okay OP just to let you know that I was DCing when I first came into this thread (after a my first ever Henna treatment). Anyway after my Henna I DC'd as usual and then did an ACV rinse (as suggested by Nonie - thanks Nonie). I think I added about 1.5 tablespoons of Aspall (UK brand) ACV to about 1.5 litres of my homemade tea infusion (green tea, white tea and nettle tea) and I must admit that my hair is not drying out as quickly as it usually does (i.e. as per your original posting).

Anyway I will continue to keep an eye on things and hopefully these rinses will help my hair and esp my scalp and keep them both healthy.

HTH's

Hi FB - I use it as a final rinse once I have thoroughly rinsed out all of my DC.

Bc of the other ingredients of my tea rinse and my final spray leave in the smell does not linger.

I then allow my hair to 70-80% air-dry before moisturising and sealing.

Sounds like like you may have a porosity imbalance. ACV works, but I'm not about all the measuring and mixing. I use Roux porosity control conditioner, left on for about 1 min. As a final rinse or before applying the DC. Worked wonders for me.

Back