quick aphoghee question

Rei

Is the second stop absolutely needed? The "moisturizing" conditioner that you have to buy with the aphoghee treatment. is it reducing ph levels or something, or is it just a waste of cash? I figure if I follow up the aphoghee directly with something ACTUALLY moisturizing, I would still be reaping the benefits right?

I didn't buy Aphogee's moisturizing conditioner and my hair was fine. Just make sure you use a very good moisturizing conditioner afterwards. I had to add honey and EVOO to the conditioner that I normally dc with and sleep in it to get my hair properly moisturized.

I use the Aphogee 2 minute and then follow up with my kercare humecto. I bought the moisture balance by aphogee and I HATED it. Its just sitting in my product graveyard

I don't think the actual Aphogee Moisturing Conditioner is very moisturizing, so I don't think you are losing out on any benefits.

Just use a moisturizing conditioner that you know works really well for your hair and all will be fine.

if you are using the 2 minute aphogee, no the second step is not needed. I used step one multiple times without using step two. Just make sure you use a rich leave in and don't over do it.

Whatever that "conditioner" is they recommend came packaged with mine. So I just use that (not really sure if it does anything) then follow up with a moisturizing dc.

Is the second stop absolutely needed? The "moisturizing" conditioner that you have to buy with the aphoghee treatment. is it reducing ph levels or something, or is it just a waste of cash? I figure if I follow up the aphoghee directly with something ACTUALLY moisturizing, I would still be reaping the benefits right?

I use both steps, but then I follow up the second step with my own moisturizing conditioner.

I don't think the actual Aphogee Moisturing Conditioner is very moisturizing, so I don't think you are losing out on any benefits.

Just use a moisturizing conditioner that you know works really well for your hair and all will be fine.

ITA.:yep:
My hair was like :lachen:when I used that mess!

You don't have to buy the Aphogee moisturizing conditioner but you must follow up with a deep conditioner. Or your hair will be hair as a rock.

Re: Aphogee before relaxer?

I am just piggybacking this post...does anyone use aphogee a week before their relaxer?

I use the Aphogee hard protein a week before my relaxer and I think it helps my hair to be not as lifeless post-relaxer. I just used last night and I'm getting relaxed this coming Thursday.

Back