Questions from a newbie

Kawaii1

Ok ladies I have 3 questions

1. Who here had long hair to begin with and who has grown it out?

2. What is the biggest problem you have ran into while growing your hair out?

3. What technique would you say is the least helpful/most helpful? Easiest to do/ hardest to do?

4. How long did it take to reach your goal?

5. What product do you find least/most helpful while trying to grow your hair?

Ok ladies I have 3 questions

1. Who here had long hair to begin with and who has grown it out?I personally have never had long hair. I can say though from being on this site and seeing all the lovely heads of hair, some women have always had "long" hair but they did not achieve their goals in terms of thickness, shine, overall health etc...until they started practicing healthy hair practices on this site

2. What is the biggest problem you have ran into while growing your hair out?My biggest problem so far has been growing out residual relaxer run off damage, being consistent with moisturizing and just being patient

3. What technique would you say is the least helpful/most helpful? Easiest to do/ hardest to do?If I could only recommend one thing for you to learn I would say learn how to rollerset. Rollersetting is one of the best ways to dry your hair as well as style it. It can take some time to learn but many ladies here have tutorials in their photo albums. Also check out healthytextures.com; it is a blog that a fellow memeber started. She has EXCELLENT tutorials. Check it out.

4. How long did it take to reach your goal?I am still working on it. In terms of health, I have done a complete 180 in the past year.

5. What product do you find least/most helpful while trying to grow your hairthe most helpful products for me so far have been pantene relaxed and natural breakage defense mask, aubrey organics conditioner, sunsilk leave in creams, motions cpr, aveda damage remedy shampoo

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any questions about my products.

Hi Kawaii and welcome to LHCF. :hiya:

1. Who here had long hair to begin with and who has grown it out?
My hair never grew longer than APL. After moving to France and encounters with bad stylists, my hair struggled to pass my shoulders. Since finding LHCF, my hair is MBL and never been healthier.

2. What is the biggest problem you have ran into while growing your hair out?
Being consistent - I get lazy sometimes

3. What technique would you say is the least helpful/most helpful? Easiest to do/ hardest to do?
- Most helpful and easiest to follow: roller setting, conditioner washing, and no heat

- The hardest to do at first: henna/indigo - messy and smelly, but it gets easier and more bearable; the results are worth the bother

4. How long did it take to reach your goal?
Still not there; need to get back to consistent protective styling

5. What product do you find least/most helpful while trying to grow your hair?
Oils, oils, oils; ORS Carrot Oil moisturizer; henna/indigo

Back