Questions about lacefronts:

aileendq

I am considering shelling out the cash for a quality lacefront as a protective style, but I have a few questions, first:

1. Is the lace in front glued to your forehead close to the scalp? How do you keep from seeing the glued on lace?
2. Is hair pulled through the lace first to create a natural looking hairline or does the wig have a natural looking hairline by itself?
3. How long does it stay glued on? How often do you take it off and wash the hair/scalp underneath?
4. What about the nape of the neck- is that glued on, too? Can you pull the wig up into a ponytail?
5. What do you do with your hair underneath (especially if it's APL or longer) so that your head doesn't look bulky.
6. Do the wigs come with flesh colored "scalp"?
7. Are they human hair wigs, and how do you care for them?

Thanks in advance to everyone that answers!

A

I own a lace front. I haven't worn it yet but I'll do my best to answer your questions.

1. Is the lace in front glued to your forehead close to the scalp? How do you keep from seeing the glued on lace?
yes and most glues and tapes dry clear. The lace will become invisible on your skin.
2. Is hair pulled through the lace first to create a natural looking hairline or does the wig have a natural looking hairline by itself?
Most wigs have natural looking hairlines but some people like to leave a little bit of their own baby hairs to make it look more realistic.

3. How long does it stay glued on? How often do you take it off and wash the hair/scalp underneath?
From what I've heard, the glues hold pretty strong. Most people keep theirs on for about a week. I will be applying mine twice a week since I will be washing my hair twice a week.

4. What about the nape of the neck- is that glued on, too? Can you pull the wig up into a ponytail?
Yes the nape can be glued down as well if you order a full lace wig. If you order just a frontal lace wig, then there will be no lace in the back to glue. The hair can be put up into a pony if you glue the nape down well. I ordered baby hairs all around my unit so if I do a bad job gluing the nape down, I can just cover it with the baby hairs;)

5. What do you do with your hair underneath (especially if it's APL or longer) so that your head doesn't look bulky.
Some people wrap their hair, some put it in conrows, and some wear wig caps or stocking caps. I will be putting my hair in conrows and wearing a brown stocking cap (only sometimes).

Yes, you can get different colored lace depending on your skin color. I order mine with brown lace and it matches well even without the brown stocking cap.

Most of the wigs are human hair. And if you will like more info on how to take care of them just send me a pm and I will send you a "lace front how to" file that I have. It's too large to attach it to the post.

A good place to find out more about lace fronts is www.forum.blackhairmedia.com Lace Fronts should be the first category. The ladies on their know a lot about them. They have a "newbie thread" you should read first.

HTH :)

ak46 said:
I own a lace front. I haven't worn it yet but I'll do my best to answer your questions.

yes and most glues and tapes dry clear. The lace will become invisible on your skin.
Most wigs have natural looking hairlines but some people like to leave a little bit of their own baby hairs to make it look more realistic.

From what I've heard, the glues hold pretty strong. Most people keep theirs on for about a week. I will be applying mine twice a week since I will be washing my hair twice a week.

Yes the nape can be glued down as well if you order a full lace wig. If you order just a frontal lace wig, then there will be no lace in the back to glue. The hair can be put up into a pony if you glue the nape down well. I ordered baby hairs all around my unit so if I do a bad job gluing the nape down, I can just cover it with the baby hairs;)

Some people wrap their hair, some put it in conrows, and some wear wig caps or stocking caps. I will be putting my hair in conrows and wearing a brown stocking cap (only sometimes).

Yes, you can get different colored lace depending on your skin color. I order mine with brown lace and it matches well even without the brown stocking cap.

Most of the wigs are human hair. And if you will like more info on how to take care of them just send me a pm and I will send you a "lace front how to" file that I have. It's too large to attach it to the post.

A good place to find out more about lace fronts is www.forum.blackhairmedia.com Lace Fronts should be the first category. The ladies on their know a lot about them. They have a "newbie thread" you should read first.

HTH :)

very INFORMATIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ak46 pretty much summed it up and I definately recommend black hair media for any and everything you wantto know about lacefronts and weaves. The ladies are incredibly indormative and will go into things you probably didn't know exist!

I no longer wear my lacefront...but it helped me grow my edges back out last year.

Back