Question for s-curl users...

Purtygurly

I’ve been keeping my hair in twist-outs for almost two months now. I’m retaining almost all of my length now... even more than when I did roller sets.
smile.gif

I use s-curl, a moisturizer (ors carrot oil or olive oil lotion), diluted leave-in and sometimes add in oil to keep my hair moist.

Recently I wore a roller set and I was very happy because I gained like an inch of noticeable growth (I can see a length increase even though I haven’t relaxed my hair) and two inches of new growth.... But my hair was on the dry side.

The only thing that I did differently was leave out the s-curl. I washed, deep conditioned and put in all the normal stuff, but left the s-curl out because it’s not good for roller sets, then I air dried.

I know how to do roller sets really good, they always came out looking and feeling great before.

Do you think that it’s possible that my hair is used to the extra moisture from the s-curl, so when I didn‘t apply it, my hair decided to act stupid?

Thank God though... there was no extra breakage and it looked beautiful, but I just didn’t like how dry it felt.

[ QUOTE ]
Purtygurly said:

I’ve been keeping my hair in twist-outs for almost two months now. I’m retaining almost all of my length now... even more than when I did roller sets.
smile.gif

I use s-curl, a moisturizer (ors carrot oil or olive oil lotion), diluted leave-in and sometimes add in oil to keep my hair moist.

Recently I wore a roller set and I was very happy because I gained like an inch of noticeable growth (I can see a length increase even though I haven’t relaxed my hair) and two inches of new growth.... But my hair was on the dry side.

The only thing that I did differently was leave out the s-curl. I washed, deep conditioned and put in all the normal stuff, but left the s-curl out because it’s not good for roller sets, then I air dried.

I know how to do roller sets really good, they always came out looking and feeling great before.

Do you think that it’s possible that my hair is used to the extra moisture from the s-curl, so when I didn‘t apply it, my hair decided to act stupid?

Thank God though... there was no extra breakage and it looked beautiful, but I just didn’t like how dry it felt.

[/ QUOTE ] I was just asking the same question about my daughters hair on this thread
http://tinyurl.com/26cgy
and this one
http://tinyurl.com/2vtrc

Back