Question for Kenra Users

daviine

I like the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner but I was wondering how everyone else here was using it.

Are you deep conditioning with it? DO you use it as an instant conditioner? Do you use any other conditioners behind it? Are you using it following a protein conditioner?

Thanks.

I use it as a deep conditioner, a leave in and an instant conditioner. It's a lil too heavy on me for repeat CW's...but I love Dove for that so Kenra isn't necessary in that area.

Thanks Tracy.....I have so many conditioners here that I was trying to figure out how I wanted to use the Kenra today.......

Too many possibilities........

I use it as a deep conditioner, with heat.
smile.gif
To me, it's too precious to use as an instant conditioner... Gotta leave that stuff in for a while and let it work it's magic!!
wink.gif
I've never tried it as a leave-in...
scratchchin.gif

This is bad...I can't even remember if I've tried it as a deep conditioner with heat. How long do you guys leave it on for?

I hope it works as a deep conditioner for me becasue I don't really have any moisturizing conditioners that were slotted to be deep conditioners.

Now....what leave-in to follow up with now......
scratchchin.gif
grin.gif

I rarely deep condition so I use it as an instant conditioner. My hair literally feels like I have deep conditioned it after using this way. I always use it with the moisturizing shampoo also. I've tried it with another shampoo and didn't get the same results.

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I rarely deep condition so I use it as an instant conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
Say it ain't so......I'm trying to get back on the deep conditioning bandwagon as I haven't been that gung ho about it lately (and busy too). Don't encourage me......

What's your regimen these days btw AQT?

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I rarely deep condition so I use it as an instant conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

shocked.gif
Say it ain't so......I'm trying to get back on the deep conditioning bandwagon as I haven't been that gung ho about it lately (and busy too). Don't encourage me......

What's your regimen these days btw AQT?

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl I have been good to my hair and my hair has been good to me. I wash my hair 2-3 times per week with either Kemra or Deep Brilliance. With each wash, I use each line exclusively. At 12 weeks post relaxer my hair is very healthy and moisturized. I wear a bun daily. I fix my bun using Sta-Sof-Fro, and Breakfree, or something from the CD hair line. On Friday or Saturday after a wash, I'll usually put my hair in a ponytail and go under the dryer. That's basically all I do. I'm very happy with my routine and finally I'm starting to see some progress.

Daviine,
I usually use Lanza Protein Plus Shampoo or Elucence Moisture Benefits.
smile.gif
As for leave-ins, I absolutely love Nexxus Headdress. My hair seems to miss it everytime I try to use anything else...
look.gif

i recently used kenra as a deep conditioner(w/ heat) and will continue to do so, i loved the results.for an instant conditioner i use elucence.

I typically use Kenra as an instant conditioner. I found no extra benefits from deep conditioning with it. I've never used it as a leave-in (seems too heavy).

I've used it only twice since I got it, first as a deep conditioner and then as an instant. Like the former better. When I used it as an instant, I had to follow up with another conditioner to get the slip I was looking for. But that weekend, I was trying a lot of new things, maybe I was doing too much. I've tabled it for now.

Where are you guys in nyc getting it? are you ordering it online? is it worth the money? God bless you all.

I use kenra as a deep conditoner with no heat, an instant (5-10 minutes), and sometimes a leave-in.

I don't know, but I had terrible results with the Kenra conditioner. I was 4 weeks into my relaxer and I used Cream of Nature Shampoo and AubreY oRGANICS GPB before using it as some recommended on the board. When I finished my hair felt extremely soft but VERY VERY TANGLED. Maybe I used too much of the conditioner b/c I thought that it wasn't enough or I was going over-board with the stuff (3 hand fulls). When I finished washing out my hair, it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo tangled!! And then it started to break like crazy!! After I did my roller set and I started to wrap after moisturizing, big broken off pieces started to fall in the comb, bathroom, floor, bed EVERYWHERE!! Could someone give me some suggestions on how to use it. Or maybe its just not for me. I don't mean to discourage anyone, but I'm just trying to get some answers to why my hair turned out so horribly.

I use it as an instant conditioner. Well instant for me is leaving it on under a shower cap while bathing, shaving etc. then rinsing out. This usually adds up to about 5 min.

I also use it as an instant conditioner, and like shinyblack said, that involves bathing, etc... But I usually mix the kenra with castor oil or olive oil.

I use it for my daily conditioner washes. I love it...but since it is a little pricey... to save on it...I switch on and off with Dove Moisturizing Conditioner.

I have much better luck using it as an instant conditioner (2-5 minutes) and putting it on dripping wet hair rather than squeezing my hair out before applying.

Back