Question About Texlaxing

irisak

So I've been texlaxing for about a year and a half and my hair seems to prefer it over bone straight. My issue is strictly aesthetic. Now that I'm getting closer to my goal length, I want to wear my hair straight more often. The problem is I sweat in my scalp, it's hot as all hell, and then on top of that I work out 4-5 days a week. So what I'm thinking about doing is relaxing to about 85-90% straight just at the roots at the start of each summer. Honestly I already did it yesterday because I couldn't take poof. Do you all think this will negatively impact my hair as the straighter hair becomes older? I don't wear wash and goes because I've been holding on to about 1 1/2"of bone laxed ends except for wash and go ponytails. Any other suggestions for managing my hair in the summer?

So I've been texlaxing for about a year and a half and my hair seems to prefer it over bone straight. My issue is strictly aesthetic. Now that I'm getting closer to my goal length, I want to wear my hair straight more often. The problem is I sweat in my scalp, it's hot as all hell, and then on top of that I work out 4-5 days a week. So what I'm thinking about doing is relaxing to about 85-90% straight just at the roots at the start of each summer. Honestly I already did it yesterday because I couldn't take poof. Do you all think this will negatively impact my hair as the straighter hair becomes older? I don't wear wash and goes because I've been holding on to about 1 1/2"of bone laxed ends except for wash and go ponytails. Any other suggestions for managing my hair in the summer?

I think it would be best to find another style alternative; especially when your so close to your hair goals. Maybe try wet set or curlformers.

I think it would be fine if the roots that are a bit straighter aren't far from the texture f the texlaxed hair. If too far you risk creating a line of demarcation that won't work in your favor down the line....

Back