Question About Growing My Hair

chicamorena

Hi everybody, I'm fairly new here. I have a few questions. I have 4b hair that I relaxed every 8 weeks. I wash my hair once a week and then rollerset it. I know that a lot of you guys where protective styles to grow your hair. But I'd like to know if you can grow long hair without protective styles. My rollerset usually lasts all week, so it's down most of the time. I just pin it up at night then add a little moisturizer on my ends and fingercomb in the morning. Right now my hair is about 4 inches from bra strap in the back and a little less than shoulder length in the front.

Welcome, ricamorena03! I think most of us have learned to take the advice given here with a grain of salt and ultimately do what works best for our own hair.

If your regimen works for you, your hair seems healthy and you're not experiencing breakage, shedding or dryness (IMO, the main culprits that keep us from growing out our hair), you must be doing something right.

Happy hair growing!

[ QUOTE ]
Robin41 said:
Welcome, ricamorena03! I think most of us have learned to take the advice given here with a grain of salt and ultimately do what works best for our own hair.

If your regimen works for you, your hair seems healthy and you're not experiencing breakage, shedding or dryness (IMO, the main culprits that keep us from growing out our hair), you must be doing something right.

Happy hair growing!

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree!
smile.gif

The last 4 inches of my hair can get brittle if I'm not careful, so in order for me to achieve my goal, I am going to have to wear protective styles for a while.

But there's plenty of women with hair down their backs who do not wear protective styles. Cathy Howse, is an example. Carolyn Gray wears her hair down too. And many of the ladys on this board. It sounds like you take good care of your hair. If you keep the ends healthy, you'll be fine. Welcome to the board.

Back