Qhemet Vs. Jane Carter

Lucky's Mom

OK - ladies.... I can find Jane Carter products at the Vitamin Shop......

I can order Qhemet - and wait..... and wait...... for it to arrive.....

Are the Amla and Heavy Cream and Jane Carter hair nourishing cream similar???? Could I get the same moist results?????

After everything ( shipping, etc) the cost is the same!!!!!

Please weigh in ladies...
TIA!

I just ordered qhemet so I don't really know I should receive it tommorrow! I used a sample of jane and I could not see myself buying 4 oz for 21 dollars (whole foods). I am transitioning 8 months post and my son is all natural 3c/4a.

Here's my assessment since I've used both products.

The Burdock Root Cream is closer to the Nourishing Cream than the Amla Heavy Cream.

The "Heavy Cream" does not dissolve or dissipate in my hair...it just sits there. I have to work it and work it in my palms before applying.

Ordering- I ordered Amla on a Friday Aug 7th? and received the products the following Tuesday. She was super fast this time.

great question lucky's mom. I really like jc products, however I want to try qhemet...but if they are similar in anyway I might just stick with jc.

I've tried both and definitely prefer the Qhemet products. My hair must be parched because even though it is fine, my NG just soaks up the AOHC. I can actually watch it get absorbed.

Well, I used Jane's Nourish and Shine when I was natural, and it was horrible. It did nothing and the smell made me sick. I have never tried Qhemets, but I am going to order Qhemet's heavy cream soon.

I've tried both and definitely prefer the Qhemet products. My hair must be parched because even though it is fine, my NG just soaks up the AOHC. I can actually watch it get absorbed.

I agree.... I love Qhem.... I just don't wanna wait..................

I'm usually not terribly price sensitive (I know, I know, bad me), but the price point on just about all of her items is outrageous for me. I have the Nourish and Shine and the Revitalizing Leave-in condish (which I got from a lovely lady on the board). I will repuchase the condish if I can't make something better, and I do like the N&S, but I wouldn't use it as a moisturizer. I use it as a sealant and on my edges if I'm wearing a scarf. But I'd have to spend $42 to get the same size I can get from Qhemet for $16. Even with shipping and the wait...it's still a better value for me.

I just wanted to add that I ordered from qhemet and my shipment arrived a few days later (Id say 5 at the max). I'm in southern California. I haven't tried Jane Carter because I can not justify the price.

Last edited:
I just got my order of Qhemet yesterday and my hair is in hair heaven. I saw the Jane Carter products at Vitamin Shoppe, but I wasn't ready to spend that kind of money so I decided to try Qhemet first. I'm so glad I did!

I agree.... I love Qhem.... I just don't wanna wait..................

FYI... I recently ordered from Qhemet (I love AOHC!!!! :grin:) and got my order in a week opposed to the three weeks I waited before. Needless to say I almost fell out of my chair when I got the shipping email on day 4 and almost passed out when I got my package on day 8. Hopefully it is due to their new system!!

Last edited:
I much prefer Qhemet. I do love JC's Nourishing Cream but the scent has to grow on you. It is very perfumy (my own word). I love the Qhemet Coco Tree Detangling Ghee. I don't know about detangling but it moisturizes pretty well.

Heavy Amla Cream is just that - heavy, better for natural/new growth than relaxed heads.

FYI... I recently ordered from Qhemet (I love AOHC!!!! :grin:) and got my order in a week opposed to the three weeks I waited before. Needless to say I almost fell out of my chair when I got the shipping email on day 4 and almost passed out when I got my package on day 8. Hopefully it is due to their new system!!

HMMM...........This is good to hear!:yep::yep: I may re- consider.

BTW - this was not a post 'bashing' Qhem. Love LOVE :love: that stuff.... I just thought there might be something I can pick up right away... 5 minutes from my pad.

For me... price points are the same.

16.00 for Qhemet... plus shipping... 10.00 - and waiting.

JC..21.99.... no shipping.. High taxes though.. So - 23 bucks.

Same difference for me.....

Last edited:
HMMM...........This is good to hear!:yep::yep: I may re- consider.

BTW - this was not a post 'bashing' Qhem. Love LOVE :love: that stuff.... I just thought there might be something I can pick up right away... 5 minutes from my pad.

For me... price points are the same.

16.00 for Qhemet... plus shipping... 10.00 - and waiting.

JC..21.99.... no shipping.. High taxes though.. So - 23 bucks.

Same difference for me.....

Except you get half as much of the JC for the price. That's what makes it not worth it to me :grin:.

I only read through the first page, but wanted to say that the JC Hair Nourishing Cream isn't very heavy and I assume you're looking for something more heavy since you compared it to the Amla Heavy Cream? If so, you'd probably be more interested in trying the Nourish and Shine. I'm a fan of JC and not of Qhem (stinky), but you may feel different so I don't want to hype it up :look:

ETA: Just read your above post... yeah, I wouldn't recommend the Hair Nourishing Cream for you then Sam if you're looking for a medium-heavy moisturizer. I use it on my daughter's 3b hair, it doesn't do much for extremely thirsty hair.

Last edited:
I can get both from one of the health food stores, I go too... And I love, love, love Qhems. There's no way I'd pay 22.00 for 4ozs of any product. I could make that stuff from Jane Carter.:rolleyes:

I received Some samples of Qhemet from a Little PJ Angel on this Board. :littleang The Olive Oil & Honey, the Amla Oil and Heavy Cream and the Coco Tree Detangling Ghee. (Bless her Little Heart -- How Sweet Was that?)

Loved them all, which 'prompted' me to order Qhemet Samples including the Burdock Root.:sekret:

I thought I had my mind ALL made up to buy the JC N&S but it was changed very quickly by the samples she sent me of the Qhemet. They Made me totally Re-evaluate everything.:look:

And Like the other Posters said: I can get 8oz for $16.00 as oppose to $22.00 for 4oz + Gas $ to go get it.

I was pleased with Qhemet and can't wait for them to Arrive. I am positive these will become part of my Product Arsenal.

I only read through the first page, but wanted to say that the JC Hair Nourishing Cream isn't very heavy and I assume you're looking for something more heavy since you compared it to the Amla Heavy Cream? If so, you'd probably be more interested in trying the Nourish and Shine. I'm a fan of JC and not of Qhem (stinky), but you may feel different so I don't want to hype it up :look:

ETA: Just read your above post... yeah, I wouldn't recommend the Hair Nourishing Cream for you then Sam if you're looking for a medium-heavy moisturizer. I use it on my daughter's 3b hair, it doesn't do much for extremely thirsty hair.

ITA! I just stopped using this because it wasn't penetrating my hair enough. My hair was definitely thirsty. I would never spend my money on that again. :nono: I'd buy the Nourish & Shine though. :yep:

Eight ounces for $16.00; it must be organic or all natural.

From the Qhemet website:

QB is an innovative line of high performance, natural products based on African, Mediterranean & Ayurvedic
haircare traditions. As a proud member of the Compact for Safe Cosmetics, our products do not contain
mineral oil, silicones, sls, phthalates, parabens, dmdh hydantoin, triclosan, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate,
diazolidinyl urea or imidazolidinyl urea.

From the Qhemet website:

QB is an innovative line of high performance, natural products based on African, Mediterranean & Ayurvedic
haircare traditions. As a proud member of the Compact for Safe Cosmetics, our products do not contain
mineral oil, silicones, sls, phthalates, parabens, dmdh hydantoin, triclosan, sodium hydroxymethylglycinate,
diazolidinyl urea or imidazolidinyl urea.

:lachen:Be nice soulie......

Barbara....sorry honey - but where have you been????:look: Natural - organic.... that is my mantra.....

UPDATE on JC.....That stuff, is like the devil. Very deceptive, in terms of it "moisturizing". My hair was DRY AS a bone...two days later.

Trashed......and I also hated the sweet citrus smell. Ick....

THIRDLY..................... the LABEL/WRITING came off the package, while I was styling..... Double ick.

JC will never get my money again!!!!

Cant beat Jane Carters Leave in and conditioner... everything else - so so.

I have not tried anything by Qhemet that did not give crazy moisture to my hair in its natural state. The JC products work better on my "straight" natural hair.

I like Qhemet on wet hair.
I can use JC on wet and dry hair. I can also apply it to my scalp without heavy build up. I'll keep it for that, hands down.

I prefer Qhemet over Jane Carter, but I guess it would depend on what you're looking for.

I've used the Jane Carter Nourishing Cream before, but it was a little too light for my hair. I needed something heavier.

The Qhemet Amla & Olive and the JC Nourishing Cream (and Nourish & Shine) are 2 totally different products in that one is a solidified oil, while the other is a butter blend.

The More I review the Posts regarding these two very good product lines, the more convinced I am that I made the right choice to opt for the Qhemet rather than the JC.:yep:

I have them both... I am still on the search for something different. I dunno, they are both ok. I want something that makes my hair go WOW!:ohwell:

Back