Puffy ends??? How do you get them smooth?

cdixon

So I just wanted to know if you airdry your hair, how do you keep your ends looking smooth instead of puffy? I've been wearing my hair in protective styles mostly buns, and bantu knots, but if I wore my hair straight how can I get my ends straight without the puffiness?

It depends. Are you going to wrap or rollerset? It all depends on how you wear your hair while it is airdrying.

I'm guessing the cuticles are not being sealed on the ends especially if the ends are not split and/or damaged. Gorgeous, do you normally wrap wet hair?

Not now, but back in the day ( i'm talking teens) a stylist used to wet wrap my hair, put one of the tissue ties ( I forget what they're called) around my wet wrap and set me under the dryer. This resulted in really straight, smooth hair. If I want to wear my hair straight now I just do a rollerset and then use the saran wrap technique afterwards :yep:

I guess there's no way around the rollerset, eh. I'll have to try that technique! Thanks gorgeous

I agree with Gorgeous! I have over, overprocessed ends and rollersetting is the only thing SAFE that will camouflage it for me. You would never know my ends are bad unless I tell you!

i put redken smooth down butter treat on my ends and they dry pretty smooth that way. Not smooth enough that i would wear my hair out straight from plain loose airdrying, but that's just because i dont like the way it looks personally.

also, a trim will make your ends less puffy if you have split ends or something.

When I airdry, I style my hair in a braidout and set the ends of the braids on small self holding magnetic rollers. Just add some moisturizer and then roll the ends and they'll be nice and smooth.

I always make sure I use an acidifying conditioner to help smooth the cuticle down and reduce the puffiness. Doing that on a regular basis helps me treat it pretty well.

Back