protein, poo, and brushing

DivaD04

part of an article. has anyone done this?

Turn your head upside down and give it a good brushing from the scalp to the ends, which stimulates the scalp and spreads natural oils through the hair.

Be sure to eat enough protein. Your hair is composed of protein and if you don't get enough it could cause your hair to become dry and brittle. Make a protein shake twice a day just to be sure.

Protein Shake Recipe
2 Tbs. Soy Protein Powder (your favorite kind)
1 cup milk or juice
1/4 cup fresh, canned or frozen fruit ice
Mix in a blender until smooth and creamy.

Try this wonderful deep conditioning treatment once a week to rejuvenate dry damaged hair.

Egg Shampoo
1 egg
1 tsp. olive oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 Tbs. castile soap
1/2 cup water or herbal tea
5 Drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)

Combine all in blender and whip until smooth. Shampoo with mixture using warm, not hot water for the shampoo and rinse. Store any remaining shampoo in the refrigerator for use the next day.
-Tracie Johansen

thank you for reminding me about protein shakes, i started working out again and i am now craving a peanut butter protein smoothie! got the recipie on this board last year :lick:

i used to brush my hair upside-down sometimes when i was relaxed, it's good for volume too (not that i needed more volume :lol: ).

i've never heard of brushing upside down....:look: i was like folks may be interested i they never heard of it as well...but girl, peanut butter protein smoothie sounds so delicious...direct me plz! i just want one b/c i have been eyeing skippy for days now....maybe i can mix it w/ some butter pecan ice cream from my freezer.....:lick::look::grin:

I do egg 'poo every now and then when I feel like "mixing" and I need protein

I do protein shakes all da time -- started out for health reasons but reap excellent benefits with hair, nails and skin -- all glowing

I haven't used a brush in decades, my hair would DIE if I manipulated it that way

---I distribute oils to the length of my hair by adding natural oils (jojoba, emu, you know the list!) and applying with fingers -- my scalp oils ain't never been enough for my dry, thirsty, relaxed hair
---I stimulate scalp by massaging scalp with fingers on wash days and as needed

^^^yeah i got the "brushing upside-down" idea from a white girl back in the day. :lol:

the smoothie recipie is:
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 large egg
1 cup milk (or soymilk which i use)
6 ice cubes
few dashes of nutmeg

and hit the blender until it's smooth. i'm thinking of adding chocolate in somehow... :lick:

butter pecan ice cream? what brand is that, it sounds delish! :grin:

^^^yeah i got the "brushing upside-down" idea from a white girl back in the day. :lol:

the smoothie recipie is:
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
1 large egg
1 cup milk (or soymilk which i use)
6 ice cubes
few dashes of nutmeg

and hit the blender until it's smooth. i'm thinking of adding chocolate in somehow... :lick: butter pecan ice cream? what brand is that, it sounds delish! :grin:

Wel they only sell BaskinRobins Butter Pecan....I wish I can run to Albertson's or any store who sells Dryer's Butter Pecan that that tihs is my favorite!
Oooo yummy, i'm going downstairs right now....i can't do a raw egg, but i will do all the other ingredients...and i'm still going to add some ice cream just cuz i got a taste or it....lol
thank you LadyL

^^^LOL well you know, the egg is the main protein in that shake! :lol: you can't really taste it trust me. if you have any protein powder you could probably use that as a replacement for the egg...

i'm going grocery shopping today and i'm gonna get me some of that ice cream dang it! :grin:

girl, butter pecan is off the henges...i love it...my hubby has some protein powder so i'll get a lil of that...i don't want to induce raw egg...i gotta be on my tippy toes for baby's sake...not to mention i am eating in the mid east...but girl, get chu a watermelon, w/sap running from the navel y u added...yummy, i'm just filling my tummy with sum good stuff...let me make this smoothie...lol

ETA: I am drinking my smoothie and eating my watermelon....1 word, yummy!

Last edited:
^^^oh crap i didn't even realize you were preggers! totally missed the siggy :rolleyes: LOL sorry! yeah no raw eggs for you :nono:

so you put that ice cream in with your smoothie? oooooooh i gotta try it! :grin: LOL sorry i completely hijacked your thread... :blush:

Back