protective styles, do they ruin edges?

Tiffanyvip

I am trying to wear my buns, but I am concearned about getting thin edges. I have been wrapping my hair for 7 years and have had great results, but I can't seem to get past a half inch off the top of my bra strap. I also read in Tyra Banks' book that wearing ponytails a lot thins out edges. Has anyone had any problems, (a french roll is not an option)
ohwell.gif

I think it thins out your edges when your buns or ponytails are too tight. Plus I noticed when you combine that with gel (that has too strong of an hold or too heavy) clogging the the hair folicles--that's when trouble began for me.
ohwell.gif

I wear my hair in a ponytail or some protective style most of the time and I think it's best not to do your pony tail to tight to the point that it pulls on your edges.

The only problem I have with not wearing tight ponytails is my terribly unrelaxed roots showing up, I have to tie them down and slick them back, but I think I may invest in some headbands and nice scarves to tie around my edges until january when I decide to either press or relax my new grown hair
ohwell.gif

I heard over using head bands is not good for your hair line. Just slick them down and tie your scarf around at nite or pass a light curling iron over it to make it look smoother.

Back