Progress Updates

maryj1584

Hey everyone,
I have some updates. I finally got a relaxer, but streatching took a toll on my hair and i dont think i am going to try it again in the near future. it is looking as though I am about 2 inches from brastrap. YAY. I just hope that after I trim it is actually 2 inches and not 5. But yes, my ends are ragaddy and I would keep them good with the baggy method until I can find a trusty (non sisor happy) stylist in charlotte. Feel free to leave a comment.

Thanks
MJ

thanks, I should probably put some instructions on my album. It is exactly like adrian's except that i put a track of weave hair around the sock to make it look like it is a bun. 1. I place the baggy on my wet hair after adding vaseline to seal in moisture, 2. I place a black toe sock, (you know the little ones with the elastic around them, u can wear with mary jane shoes), this covers up the plastic. 3. I wrap a track of weave hair around the sock bun and then secure it with a large stunchie. it is almost impossible to tell it is not my hair, and it protects it well.

Thanks.. i actually did think about adding a peice of weave track to my bun so that if all the sock wasn't covered by my hair it would still go undetected. :D

AMAZING GROWTH!!! Congrats, spill the regimen, lol :) that's the kinda growth I WANT, all that growth in less than 1 year......go girl!!!

bubblebtm2 said:
Thanks.. i actually did think about adding a peice of weave track to my bun so that if all the sock wasn't covered by my hair it would still go undetected. :D

Discovering the sock idea was great. B4 that my friends would see the plastic bag through the weave hair and laught at me. Yeah when I discovered it, I used it consistently. HHG

Thanks StephyPoo. Here is my regimen. I used to have a fixed regimen, but now I change around alot. The only consistent things are :
-Aphogee protein ever 6 weeks
- Minmail shampoo, 1ce a month , CON shampoo, co wash ever other time
-Deep conditioning once a week with ORS pack or BPT Wheat Germ or Lustrasilk Shea butter cholesterol.

I used MTG 2ce daily and Puritan Pride Biotin for growth. I take 2 of the 5000 mcg.I baggy or rollerset, I baggy mostly, too lazy to rollerset. I blow dry like 1ce or 2ce a year.

StephyPoo said:
AMAZING GROWTH!!! Congrats, spill the regimen, lol :) that's the kinda growth I WANT, all that growth in less than 1 year......go girl!!!

Thanks for sharing, and your progress is great, looks like some parts of your hair grows faster than others. Over all it's growing in nice and healthy, thick and shiney. I would just blunt trim across to remove the fangs (the sides that are longer) other than that your ends don't look bad to me. Keep it growwing girl. :)

Thanks BeautifulWideEyes, I think that I am going to go the the hair cuttery and get a blunt cut. I would keep yall posted. Thanks for the support LHCF, I dont think my hair would have made it this far w/o the useful info here.:)

You did a great job with your hair! It looks like 9 mos. is the average time it takes before everyone on this board gets close to bsl. The month of May will make 9 mos. since I've been consistently trying to grow mine out but I'll get mine pressed in June. Hopefully I've done as great a job as you have!

Wow!! wonderful growth maryj!! :)

keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your album!!!! I just joined, but I've been lurking since last summer. I'm currently baggy-ing it up on a daily basis also.

I have a couple of questions. What's your hair type?! And when you stretched, did you ever use a brush on your wet hair to make your hair a little smoother when doing your bun?

Thanks apples, my hair type is 4a/b, mostly b. when I joined LHCF, I stop using brushes on my hair, but one bad thing I did while on this stretch was exposing my ends to cold and also combing out the new growth when it became too corse. I need some serious tips if I am going to try to do this again, so that i dont end up with uneven hair. Also bagging is the bomb!!! To smooth my wet hair, I usually just use my fingers, although a brush would prob do it better, I dont want to brush my hair at all.

maryj1584 said:
Thanks apples, my hair type is 4a/b, mostly b. when I joined LHCF, I stop using brushes on my hair, but one bad thing I did while on this stretch was exposing my ends to cold and also combing out the new growth when it became too corse. I need some serious tips if I am going to try to do this again, so that i dont end up with uneven hair. Also bagging is the bomb!!! To smooth my wet hair, I usually just use my fingers, although a brush would prob do it better, I dont want to brush my hair at all.

okay! I have problems with coarse new growth on my 4a/b hair also! I've been using jojoba oil and mtg on it recently-hopefully this will help to soften it a little, since I'm trying to stretch to 12 weeks. **crossing my fingers**

I think my downfall is the brush when I baggy!!! I'm going to toss it aside from this point on, and see if that helps. Thanks for your response!! ;)

I also do scalp massages, when I take off the baggy, this might help you obtain some growth, while the baggy helps you retain it. After I scalp massage, it gets kinda crazy with the wet ends and new growth , so I just finger comb and use a scarf to lay it down.
HHG

wow wow wow when did this happen?? I mean I saw your Tunis pics and even then, this is awesome!!! You really growing and retaining, hook a sistah up, check ya email!!! :)

Back