Post your engagement stories here...

Ediese

After reading Queen T's thread about her recent engagement, I left out of thread with such a warm happy feeling. I would love to hear some of your stories.

Those that are married or engaged, please share your engagement stories here.

ETA: A friend of mine took engagement pics with his fiance for their website. Does everyone take engagement pics?

I remember running across this remarkable story a couple years ago, and wanted to share just in case everyone hasn't seen it.

The Most Elaborate Engagement I Have Ever Witnessed!!!

At the end of April I had the privilege to shoot the engagement of Robert Gray, Jr. and Keisha Williams. Robert and Keisha met four years ago at a surprise birthday party for a mutual friend. Two months later Keisha received anonymous flowers with a subtle message attached. It was an additional month before Robert revealed himself as her secret admirer. Robert is a native of Atlanta and Keisha hails from LaGrange, GA.

This past February Robert contacted me to talk about his engagement plans. We met at a Starbucks in Southwest Atlanta. The meeting lasted nearly an hour because Robert was so excited to tell me all about what he had been planning for a year. The surprise engagement was to take place at the Ritz Carlton in Buckhead, Georgia. He even had a name for the the proposal "Remember the Ritz" and an email address!!

Robert had arranged for 10 rooms (on different floors) at the hotel to be reserved. The rooms were to be filled with family and friends reading scriptures, roses that had been laced with gold, and unlimited candles!

On the day of the engagement, I started shooting at 4 PM and ended at 12 AM (8 hours!). There is so much more to explain but I wouldn't do much justice. My suggestion - pop a bag of popcorn, pull out a box of tissues, and find a comfortable seat. This will be the most elaborate proposal you have ever seen.

Click here for the slide show.

Last edited:
My eyes get teary everytime I see that slide, it was so thoughtful and beautiful :yep:... I wondered whatever happened to them and the their wedding...

I seeing the above slide show it was soooo sweet. My now finace proposed to me on Valentine's day this year while we were taking a walk through the park after we ate dinner.

Back