post your comperisons here!!!!!!!!

nap2bfree

Hi all

I thought it would be nice to see comparison photos of everyone.

I was wanting to see how long it took you to grow your hair out with the photos you took at the time.

like your year to year photos and explain what mesures you used to reach that goal. And how it made you feel.

Then post you most recent photo so you we can comaper them next year this time. and what is your goal for next year and what you will do to reach next years goal.

It will be like a New Years Goal gallery.

I am sorry I don't have a camera :mad: to track my progress. That is my first goal this year. I will try and borrow my mom's camera to take a few pics to post. Till I get one.

At this time my hair is shoulder lentgh. My one year goal is between armpit and brastrap.

nap2bfree

Last edited:
bump

I'm about to cut my hair to chin or ear length so this would be so helpful for me. Come on ladies.

One year: August 04 - August 05.

Aug1820042-vi.jpg

Aug2820053-vi.jpg

I have one in my album and have had several in the past but I don't have all pics posted. My most recent pics are with my twists and these twists are a couple months apart.

:) Come on ladies

lets get this going so we have some thing to look back on.

You guys who have posted have had some amazing growth in one year.:cheers:

Keep em comin;)

nap2bfree

Raggedy You know what armpit b4 and Brastrap (tip)after (before is on the bottom) October 26th 2005 to Jan 6, 2006

Attachments

• 4th July 009 resized.JPG
    4th July 009 resized.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 492
  • brastrap.JPG
    brastrap.JPG
    11.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
brownsugar9999 said:
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW!! You have got some HAYAR on your head...girl...I'd KILL for that thickness!!!

Awww, gone way from here (as my grandmother would say). :blush:

i big chop in june 05 bald head

http://public.fotki.com/ekomba/ekomba-2/ekay_cropped_plage.html

and 6 months later

http://public.fotki.com/ekomba/ekomba-2/img_3936.html

by using a combination of minoval, huile masketi, puritan pride biotin, mtg, wgho, cowashes with v05, absolutely no heat, no poo, twists/twistouts ,cornrows, Nature's made super b complex, vitol hair nails and skin, nature's bounty epo 1500 (only side effect larger breasts so i wont be reusing it at all even though it leaves the hair more moisturized), msm/sulfur, protein shakes, l-cysteine, alfafa tablets i managed to get 2" a month. i dont take all that anymore right now im taking protein shakes, fo-ti, designer whey shakes, vitol great hair, shen min , twinlab amino fuel but will order back mtg, carlson msm/sulfur , pp biotin and also the gueye s growth system to go back to 2" per month or more. My one year naptural anniversary will be end of june 06. i will know what i grew for the year from nothing.(bald head). my hair is currently 8" and a little less in other places. i dont trim i will trim when i reach waistlength

Last edited:
ekomba said:
i big chop in june 05 bald head

http://public.fotki.com/ekomba/ekomba-2/ekay_cropped_plage.html

and 6 months later

http://public.fotki.com/ekomba/ekomba-2/img_3936.html

by using a combination of minoval, huile masketi, puritan pride biotin, mtg, wgho, cowashes with v05, absolutely no heat, no poo, twists/twistouts ,cornrows, Nature's made super b complex, vitol hair nails and skin, nature's bounty epo, msm/sulfur, protein shakes, l-cysteine, alfafa tablets i managed to get 2" a month. i dont take all that anymore right now im taking protein shakes, fo-ti, designer whey shakes, vitol great hair, shen min , twinlab amino fuel but will order back mtg, carlson msm/sulfur , pp biotin and also the gueye s growth system to go back to 2" per month or more. My one year naptural anniversary will be end of june 06. i will know what i grew for the year from nothing.(bald head). my hair is currently 8" and a little less in other places. i dont trim i will trim when i reach waistlength
DAAAANG!!!! 6 months??? Now THAT'S progress...waistlength...here YOU come!!!

brownsugar9999 said:
DAAAANG!!!! 6 months??? Now THAT'S progress...waistlength...here YOU come!!!

Thanks girl i cant wait for the next 6months i need to go back to that same regimen:p i think i can get to waistlength in 1year and half (2007) if i keep getting 2" a month so i m up my regimen. i know i m hair obsessed Brownsugar9999 :lachen:

I do not have a year to year comparison yet.

See the attachments below for an 8 month comparison of my hair growing progress with natural hair:

The first pic is a current pic of me... Jan 23, 2006

The second is a pic of me 8 months ago... May 16, 2005

Attachments

• afropuff01232006.jpg
    afropuff01232006.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 57
  • may16th1-vi.jpg
    may16th1-vi.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Poohbear said:

See the attachments below for an 8 month comparison of my hair growing progress with natural hair:

wow You look great Poohbear!!!

ekomba said:
wow You look great Poohbear!!!
Thanks ekomba! I just checked out your pics and WOW! :shocked: Your hair grew a WHOLE LOT during that six months!

I grew my hair from less than 1/2 an inch to 4.5 inches within that 8 month period. I also do not use heat, nor do I trim, and I did co-washing and rinsing my hair with water most days during the week. I would also not use a comb and just let my hair coil and kink up. But now, I'm getting a little tired of it and as my hair grew out, it would stay kinda dry. I've decided to cut back on washing my hair a lot and start back combing my hair out. I like sporting this afro puff! I'm going to start washing my hair once a week and oiling it up throughout the week. So far, it has been working for my hair.

One thing I wanna improve on is exercising and eating right. I haven't been doing that. Maybe if I start, I could grow more than just 1" every 2 months. Oh well, I'm content with my hair right now.

Happy Hair Growing! ;)

Last edited:
Poohbear said:

Awww I remember when u BC'd Poohbear!! Amazing growth so far & Your wearing that fro girl..looks nice on you :)

chellee said:
Your hair has really grown! Is the pic in your avatar your current length flat-ironed?

Yes it is. I had a trim for the new year. I flat ironed it to mark my starting point for 2006.

Poohbear...you hair looks good. I like it.

Last edited:
Comparison pics I have are from October 2005 & December 2005 but I need a serious cut cause i haven't been taking care of my hair.

Attachments

• octback.jpg
    octback.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 49
  • pinup.jpg
    pinup.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 57
Poohbear said:

Your hair looks great. I might be following in your steps eventually.

WOWEEEE!!!!!! You ladies are definitely inspirational. It brings a tear to my eye. I'm so frustrated. I used to be where alot of you ladies are today--headed toward brastrap. But I moved to a hard-water city, became a pj, experimented and now I just can't seem to get my groove back. I need to live by the words in some of your siggies:

Don't give up--sareca
I can do all things thru God who stregthens me--Whipeffectz1
fail, fail again, fail better---hottopic

I know I'll get back there. It's just frustrating when you want to be there NOW. Thanks for the inspiration.

I just took a new rollerset comparison photo. I kept thinking it hadn't grown much, but looks like it has...

Attachments

• comparison3.jpg
    comparison3.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 13
sareca said:
I just took a new rollerset comparison photo. I kept thinking it hadn't grown much, but looks like it has...

keep up whatever it is ur doing! you've definately made great progress. your hair looks overall thicker and healthier :D U should be very proud!

Back