Post Work out styling

Tesha

I am new here and really hope you can help. I work out 6 days a week and don't consider it a good work out unless I'm dripping with sweat. I have relaxed hair about three inches past my collar bone. I have never had hair this long and have no idea what to do with it. My hair is cut in long layers and love wearing my hair straight with just a slight bend at the ends. I used to have shorter hair and I worked out at night and would wash it at night, wrap it, and in the morning it would be dry and looking great (no heat at all). Now I work out in the morning (I have to, not other time I can do it) and it is way to long to dry overnight now and it takes three or more hours to dry my wrap under the hooded dryer. Please, please someone give me tips on how I can style my hair every day after I finish working out. If I have to start using heat styling tools, what products do you suggest to protect my hair. It is very fine and if I put anything too heavy and oily in it it actually loses all shine and body and I hate the way it looks. It also frizzes very easily. I have been looking all over the web for months for an answer to this question.

I definately can't answer this because I'm sick of working out. I've decided to just find a sport I like (tennis) and have fun. Haven't started yet but why not PM Carrie. She works hard on her body and I'm sure she won't mind telling you what products and such she uses.

Actually go on over to the Health/Fitness board and you'll find lots of sisters that work out. If I'm not mistaken, there should be some threads on what products/techniques they use when working out.

Hope this helps.
smile.gif

i work out almost every day of the week too and i'm like you if my workout clothes are not wet it wasn't a good workout. but here is what i do. after working out i wash my hair and condition it (every day at the moment). then i just wear it in a protective style (one or two braids or a bun). this works great for me. i don't use heat on my hair at all and i can really tell when i look at my hair. it was never this healthy. i only used to blowdry about 2 or 3 times a month. but about 3 months ago i stopped completely and i love how my hair feels. so i'm sorry that i can't give you no advice on using a blowdryer or curling iron. a really good heat protectant imo is african pride heat protectant. i use it for blowdrying.

I also do protective styling. I lightly shampoo or rinse and then wear it in a loose bun or ponytail. I know it's boring, but I look at it this way... I can always get my hair done for a special event...but I can't lose weight and look good overnight in that special dress. It's a trade off...but it's worth it to me.

Back