POLL - How often do you use direct heat?

How often do you use flat/curling irons?

• Every day.

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • One to two times a week.

Votes: 52 28.7%
  • Every other week.

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Once a month.

Votes: 24 13.3%
  • Only a few times throughout the year.

Votes: 66 36.5%

• Total voters

blasianbeauty

This excludes hood dryers/steam treatments. I'm interested in knowing how often do you ladies use your flat and curling irons? I use them both only once a week and sometimes I wonder if that's even too much. On the other hand, I have a relaxed friend that uses them both everyday and her hair seems to be fine. :perplexed How about you? Do you use them on a daily? weekly? monthly basis?

I voted 2x a week...I use my flat iron to press my roots after wash n sets even though i use low heat and don't overlap(just go over each root section once)....I never use direct heat on my ends and mid hair shaft.....

I was going to say everyweek but I dont consider my hot air brush to be direct heat...it doesnt get hot enough to burn the hair.

I voted every other week...I used to do it every day, but since coming to this site I learned to cut back on the heat.

I am curretnly trying out a new thing in which i will put direct heat on my hair twice a year. I will straighthen my hair and wear it down in May...I leave it up in prtective style all yeat like up dos and twist outs...or wigs...which i love wearing...i havent put any direct heat on my hair since October of 2007. My hair is very thick i contribute that to not using any heat and stretching my relaxers to every four months. But , i do Dc every week faithfully. for at least 30 mintues as well as the other 20 things i do :nono::drunk::ohwell:

i reduced it from 1x a week to 1x a month...and im relaxed. Been doing this for the last 6 months and has made a huge difference

Every 8 or 9 weeks - when I go to the salon for my relaxer. I let the stylist blowdry and hotcurl it because it's quick. If she put me under the dryer that would add an additional hour to my appnt.

I have used my Solia only about 4-5 times since I bought it around July-ish...used the blow dryer somewhere around 5 times since November, and only on medium to stretch my curls. So i guess that would be about once a month, or once every other month.

since i started this journey, i have only flat ironed my hair once in four months (new years) which i quickly washed the next day. i have blow dried about twice for length check. i don't see the need to use it since i'm bunning most of the time. air drying is awesome.

Last year, I used a flat iron three times. I plan to buy a Pibbs next month, so I expect I will have even less use for the flat iron.

Back