Please...You Can't Miss This One!!

TwistNMx

Please...You Can\'t Miss This One!!

I need your opinions please.
I went to a hairdresser (1st time in almost a year) and was told that a cellophane would improve my hair.
I regret that I listened. I'm fighting a lot of shedding and dryness after all of the work I've done, and the help from all of you hair veterans. Well now when the hairdresser came back from vacation, she told me that the reason why my hair is so dry is because I <font color="red"> "used to" </font> wash it often. Does this make any sense to anyone...I think it's a sham. I think it makes more (cents) to her, not to mention dollars. I could not believe it. It's just like saying I have a stomach ache from eating something bad a year ago.
mad.gif

Re: Please...You Can\'t Miss This One!!

Unless your hair was already dry before the rinse I would say any unusual drying and shedding now must have been caused by the cellophane.
Washing your hair often doesn't dry it out unless you're using some sort of harsh shampoo daily and not conditioning or something.
I think if she originally told you the cellophane would help, and it apparently hasn't, she's just trying to place the blame on you so she doesn't look like an idiot.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
Unless your hair was already dry before the rinse I would say any unusual drying and shedding now must have been caused by the cellophane.
Washing your hair often doesn't dry it out unless you're using some sort of harsh shampoo daily and not conditioning or something.
I think if she originally told you the cellophane would help, and it apparently hasn't, she's just trying to place the blame on you so she doesn't look like an idiot.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, that's pretty much how I see it. All the hairdressers I've encountered, when something goes wrong, it's never their fault...always the products or something the customer did wrong with their hair.

[ QUOTE ]
BlackCardinal said:
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Black Cardinal,
Thanks for your opinion. It means a lot to me. It just confirms what I thought. Before going to her, my hair was not dry at all. I conditioned my hair and it was in great shape thanks to the great tips on this board. I rarely would shampoo and when I did, I used good products and natural. Someone else told me the same thing about 'her' trying not to look like an 'idiot'. Now I don't trust her at all

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Yup, that's pretty much how I see it. All the hairdressers I've encountered, when something goes wrong, it's never their fault...always the products or something the customer did wrong with their hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you know something, it took me over a year to even decide to try someone again. I've been burned so many times. I'm just so angry that she would say something so crazy and expect me to believe it. What's wrong with everybody???

This is exactly how i got suckered into getting a cellophane, but I was told "Your hair is SO dry, this will help it" Now my hair is originally a dark reddish brown (thanks to my dad who had red hair growing up). So I was like OK, put in the cellophane, but I don't want black hair. She was like we will use brown...well I must be a color blind monkey because my hair is black. /images/graemlins/swearing.gif

Now I didn't even think that the color could be causing my breakage because the way she manipulated my hair prior to putting in the relaxer did A LOT OF DAMAGE...but that's a long story that you really don't want to know. Let's just say after about taking out a sewn-in weave with 4a/b type hair and letting it breathe a few days I went to the wrong stylist who used a .... wait for it... RATTAIL comb all through my hair /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

OK, but back to the topic at hand, i never thought this could be causing a lot of the damage to my hair. Not to mention that black rinses NEVER come off my hair, which is why I don't get them anymore (had one a long long time ago and remember that the normal 10-12 weeks of color ended up being a year... /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

I too think it is a sham though, an extra 20 dollars is what i paid for the color from down under (and I'm not talking about Australia)

Back