Please post your FAVORITE LYE Mild strength Relaxers!

Crystalicequeen123

Hi ladies :wave: I'm looking to perhaps switch back to a mild-strength relaxer again. In the past I had used:

-Design Essentials mild w/shea butter: It was good, and it helped to thicken my hair up, but it felt more like a texturizer sometimes. Don't get me wrong, my hair would be straight, but it would easily frizz up in humid weather, and my hair never really looked "shiny" or really "straight". I could very rarely wear "straight" styles because my hair would always shrink.

-Affirm Mild: Now the Affirm mild DID get my hair pretty straight, and shiny looking, but after a while I noticed that the affirm was thinning out my hair more so than the DE mild. I figured that if I wanted thin hair I would just use the reg. strength relaxer! :lol: Affirm left my hair silky-looking, but in the long run, I think it dried and thinned my hair out. :ohwell: I am not really an Affirm fan.

Don't get me wrong, if I don't like any other brand, I'll probably just go back to the Design Essentials Mild w/shea butter since that's the only other brand that I trust is safe for my type of hair, but I wanted to definitely check with you ladies first to see if there were any other mild relaxer brands that I should check out 1st!

Please let me know what mild LYE relaxer (don't want any NO-lye relaxers) you use, or have used in the past that you've REALLY liked and helped your hair thrive. I want to know which brand I should tell my stylist to use on my hair, because I noticed that my hair really grew longest with the milder relaxers. Don't know if there's a correlation or not though... :scratchch

Thanks in advance for the input! :D

Last edited:
Nairobi Lye in Mild is my favorite. I used to use Dudley's Lye in Mild, but I think it's extremely strong even in the mild form, so you really need someone who will process for the time that you tell them. I like Nairobi and my hairdresser uses it to texturize me. He leaves it on for 5-7 min max, just finger smoothing.

I haven't relaxed my hair in several years but my favorite was Hawaiian Silky. I needed something mild that would not burn my scalp.

I use Elasta QP Mild lye ... and i love it :drunk:

It doesnt burn my scalp, leaves my hair shiny and gets me straight when I process for the full amount of time

Hmm...I see two votes for the Silk Elements Mild with Shea butter.

I've heard of the Elasta QP relaxer, but have never used it.

I think I will ask my stylist about some of these.

Tell me, did the relaxer get your hair straight? I mean like...shiny looking and non-frizzy?? That's my only semi-problem with one of the mild relaxers I tried. It would be easily susceptible to heat and humidity. :( Don't get me wrong, I don't want my hair relaxed BONE straight :nono: . I just wish there were something in between.

Back