PLEASE HELP :(

goldensugar23

Ok i really messed up...I was giving myself a touch up today.When i was done rinsing the relaxer out of my hair in the shower I noticed my silver cross/chain was a weird black/tarnished looking color.

Normally i would just say whatever but..this cross chain was a gift bought from uber expensive "tiffanys" jewerly store.

A dear friend bought it for me and i'm quite sure he would flip when he saw what i did to it.

Anyway I was wondering if this has happened to any of u ladies and if so..is there anyway I can fix this.CAn I use tarnish remover..or lemon jiuce..saliva what???

please help ..tia

Maybe your relaxer contains some kind of sulfur. The sulfur from the relaxer probably came into contact with your necklace and tarnished it. The same thing happened to me when I used MTG oil, which contains sulfur, and it tarnished my silver pinky ring. There are instructions on a couple of ways thta you can get rid of the tarnished stain on your jewelry. There is a thread on "MTG and Silver Jewelry", you can most likely find it if you do a search. Hope this helps.

What about taking it back to Tiffany's or another jewelry store for cleaning?

FYI...Your hair looks absolutely beautiful.

Last edited:
A liquid silver jewelry cleaner or cloth should have it looking like new in a jiffy. This just happened to me the other day when I forgot to remove a piece of sterling silver before doing my touch up. A dunk in the silver cleaner for a few seconds had it sparkling again. :yep: I believe the brand I have is Connoisseurs. I've also used their cloth with great results.

thanx so much ladies for your help.I really thought that was the end of my silver chain..
I tried some toothpaste and that cleaned off the silver cross.Howver the chain is still tarnished so i will get some silver jewerly cleaner and take care of that..

Thank you imstush for the compliment.

Back