PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Okay,I plan on taking my sew-in down tomorrow and I plan on doing a Aphogee 2Step Protein Treatment ( the one tht hardends). I guess I need to clarify because Ive been tryin to kp my braids moisturized with alot of diff products. Im goin to use Pantene Clarifying Shampoo 1st,follow up with Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo,apply the protein treatment,wash it out,condition with Pantene R&N Moisturizing Conditioner, and Deep Condition with Pantene R&N Breakage Defense Mask,and use Chi Keratin Mist Leave-In. I was wondering if tht was a good combination for my hair,which is really thick 4/ab hair and COARSE!!!???

Also,I needed advice on getting my ends clipped.I plan to keep my hair sewed-up for a year.I got my ends cut right before My first installation,so should i keep them clipped every 2 months or so,or just get a big clip whenever Im ready to go back to wearing my real hair??

NO CHI Keratin Mist after Aphogee! No protein at all!
If I remember correctly, the two step is to be applied to dry hair. I would go by the directions on this, I don't fool around when it comes to the two step :nono:
If you want freshly washed hair, go ahead and do that tonight and let your hair airdry, so it's dry by tomorrow

Getting a trim every two months is way too much. And there's no point in trimming if it's staying in a sew-in. Just get a good dusting or trim when needed, it doesn't need to be on a schedule :yep:

Last edited:
1. Since you're taking your sew-in out please make sure to detangle COMPLETELY before you wash. It's probably best to detangle and section your hair as you go along. Make sure you remove ALL the shed hair. Don't wet your hair until it is detangled. Some people like to put a conditioner on their hair to help detangling or some oil, but you don't have to, do what works for you. Just make sure you don't use any water until AFTER you have detangled.

2. I feel like you are setting yourself up for disaster by taking out your sew in and then jumping right into a serious treatment (that it sounds like you haven't read the directions for). After your hair comes out of a sew in you need to treat it gently and assess what it needs. You may not need a hardcore aphogee right away and you will end up causing more problems if you do one. I also wouldn't even clarify tomorrow. I would just do a gentle wash and condition and then assess what my hair is feeling like.

3. No need to clip your ends on a schedule. Trim or dust them when you feel it's appropriate. Make sure you're doing everything you can (moisturizing, etc) so that you can keep your ends in good condition, then you won't have to trim.

ok.thanx. but i thought i needed a serious protein treatment because whn i washed the hair the was left out a week ago it felt kinda mushy and was breaking easily,(and ya u can put it on wet hair). But I guess Ill just do the 2 min reconstructor instead.

^Yeah, the two minute would be a better option for now :yep: Good luck!

ok.thanx. but i thought i needed a serious protein treatment because whn i washed the hair the was left out a week ago it felt kinda mushy and was breaking easily,(and ya u can put it on wet hair). But I guess Ill just do the 2 min reconstructor instead.

If the hair you left out is feeling mushy and breaking, then use the 2 min on just that part. The rest of your hair that's covered up may not be feeling like that and you won't know until you take out the weave, don't assume that it's mushy though.

1. Since you're taking your sew-in out please make sure to detangle COMPLETELY before you wash. It's probably best to detangle and section your hair as you go along. Make sure you remove ALL the shed hair. Don't wet your hair until it is detangled. Some people like to put a conditioner on their hair to help detangling or some oil, but you don't have to, do what works for you. Just make sure you don't use any water until AFTER you have detangled.

2. I feel like you are setting yourself up for disaster by taking out your sew in and then jumping right into a serious treatment (that it sounds like you haven't read the directions for). After your hair comes out of a sew in you need to treat it gently and assess what it needs. You may not need a hardcore aphogee right away and you will end up causing more problems if you do one. I also wouldn't even clarify tomorrow. I would just do a gentle wash and condition and then assess what my hair is feeling like.

3. No need to clip your ends on a schedule. Trim or dust them when you feel it's appropriate. Make sure you're doing everything you can (moisturizing, etc) so that you can keep your ends in good condition, then you won't have to trim.

Good, good advice. I agree. Please take this advice. It will save your hair and you a lot of grief.

Back