Please Help Me Find (4a/b natural hair extension)

TiZi

So there was a woman on here probably 4-6 months ago who had just gotten a weave (full head just leaving out the top of the crown). The hair was so pretty 4a/b natural texture...she had pictures and everything. Now here I am 6 months later and I cant find her post...does anyone else remember this post??

Thanks so much

Her hair came from laniks who no longer sells that texture. You can get it from AAMH(all about my hair) as well. It is the kinky curly. It resembles 4A/3C but blends with 4B.

lanik's sells that texture, she had recently gotten some in stock, just using a different type of hair. I have heard that it was not salvagable for a second install though, so :/ I'm looking at AAMH despite it being more expensive.

I had no idea that the Laniks KK2 was no longer available. It's all good though because I wouldn't purchase it again. Rei is correct when she says that you're unable to use it for a second install despite paying 200+ for it.

As Lashannasmall mentioned AAMH is another great alternative. http://www.allaboutmyhair.com/Store/gallery.php
(hope this member doesn't mind me sharing her pic)

I've been looking into Halleys Creole curly http://www.halleyscurls.com/store/page34.html.
http://public.fotki.com/HalleysCurls/creole-curly/?cmd=fs_slideshow

I'm also considering purchasing from Real Hair Exclusive. http://realhairexclusive.com/shop/hair.php?id=12371&type=bulkweaveor.
Or
http://realhairexclusive.com/shop/hair.php?id=13&type=bulkweave

Whichever I decide, you guys know I'll post pics when I get it installed. I think the AAMH is the best for a more natural look if you have 4a or even 4b hair type. I'm looking for more of a looser curl this time around though because I'd like to wear it straight and curly. The tighter the curls means the harder it'll be to straighten.

Last edited:
Oh No! No second install?! I just bought and installed the KK^2 and it looks great but I was hoping it would last another install since as you said it costs $200!!

Bumping for Countrygal

Oh No! No second install?! I just bought and installed the KK^2 and it looks great but I was hoping it would last another install since as you said it costs $200!!

I've had a discussion with two others, and one said the same thing I did. However, the other person said that they were going to use it for a second install. I think if you didn't chop the hair up in layers, and did a major deep conditioning treatment when you took it out..you might be able to use it for a second install. I would suggest putting the hair in a ziplock bag, and filling it with conditioner and putting it in the microwave for a little bit. That would help.

I'm not interested in using it again because I'm more interested in more loose flowy curls.

Re: Bumping for Countrygal

I've had a discussion with two others, and one said the same thing I did. However, the other person said that they were going to use it for a second install. I think if you didn't chop the hair up in layers, and did a major deep conditioning treatment when you took it out..you might be able to use it for a second install. I would suggest putting the hair in a ziplock bag, and filling it with conditioner and putting it in the microwave for a little bit. That would help.

I'm not interested in using it again because I'm more interested in more loose flowy curls.

It is not the condition of the hair that causes it to not be reinstalled. It is the shedding. If you wear it 2 months, you are going to lose half the volume by the end of the install. You can wear it again but you have to add in some new hair to fluff it up.

I should have searched better when I was looking for curly weave. I ended up paying a lot for Extension-plus to custom curl how I wanted it.

Can someone help me with blending? I am texlaxed and my hair in the front will not blend. I am going to Germany for 5 weeks starting friday so any suggesting will help.

Attachments

• IMG_0012.jpg
    IMG_0012.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 141
  • IMG_0034.jpg
    IMG_0034.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0046.jpg
    IMG_0046.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 115
Re: Bumping for Countrygal

It is not the condition of the hair that causes it to not be reinstalled. It is the shedding. If you wear it 2 months, you are going to lose half the volume by the end of the install. You can wear it again but you have to add in some new hair to fluff it up.
Well if that is the case I think I might like my second install better than the first. The hair looks great but it is so big! I told the lady when she did my install that I wanted to use the hair again so she tried to fold it over when she could so there are not a lot of little pieces.

It could be the resolution on my pc, but the hair looks blended to me...I've noticed that some people's texture will match that hair exactly while others never really do regardless of what they do...

I've tried this clear pasty stuff that I got from Walmart that I use after my gel dries and it gives my hair shine, slicks it down and helps the gel not to clump/crust up...

Garnier Fructis "water based shine wax"...it was only $3

I should have searched better when I was looking for curly weave. I ended up paying a lot for Extension-plus to custom curl how I wanted it.

Can someone help me with blending? I am texlaxed and my hair in the front will not blend. I am going to Germany for 5 weeks starting friday so any suggesting will help.

Unless you are getting the relaxed textures,Extensions Plus is silky hair. I try to warn people about that when I see them considering it for their kinky hair. It looked fine in the pics. If all else fails, a headband is the bomb. I had the same problem with my custom curly from Extensions Plus. For your next install, you can get a closure from them.

I am reading this a few months too late but I bought the Kinky Curly from all about my hair and had a bad experience. When I got the hair it looked good and I was excited to put it in. It initially looked good after installation but tangled and matted after each wash. By the time I got to the 4th wash the hair was in terrible condition and I had to take the hair out. I was pissed; over $200 for the hair plus to pay for install and didn’t even get a month wears out of it.

I will never buy the hair again. Maybe it was my hair care tactics but never again.

Extension Plus however has some good curly hair called Naturally curly. It does not match 4a/4b hair. You would need to do a full head or texturize and inch of your hair or whatever you leave out. I used this hair during my transition and it lasted me a year and 3 months with numerous re-installs. I probably could have gotten another 2 months out of it also. I had no issues with this hair at all. It was worth every penny.

I recently ordered their custom curly that is suppose to give me the curl pattern of their naturally curly just kinkier. I was trying to get the texture and curl pattern of Teyana Taylor but I would have had to pay extra for custom perming.

Has anyone seed the technique from Optimal image salon. It is a strand to strand method no fusion or cold fusion no glue just hair to hair? Or if you are wearing this technique let me know how you like it. TK s

Back