please help i need an alternative

4mia

i have tired a rollerset and for the life of me cannot get it right so i need an alternative to rollersetting that will come out similar or is there a easy way to rollerset in otherwords i need a rollersetting for dummies crash course
can anyone help me?

do you have the ones with the pin or little clip or you bought the magnetic rollers. Magnetic with the 2 pieces work great. practice with your dry hair until u get it right and it stays still and not fall.

i have the magnetic kind i have apl length hair do you know what size rollers are best? and how would i do pin curls can it be done on straight hair or is it just to maintain a curl
thanx

Just keep trying with the rollerset. I'm still getting the hang of it after rollersetting for almost a year and last night was the best one yet. I was using the wrong size rollers for a LONG time. I now use 2 and 3 inch rollers and my sets are getting better and better. At APL length you can use 2inch rollers also. They seem so big when you look at them but thats what you need.

Some people roll up towards the face instead of down toward the neck. Anyway you can get the rollers in that is easiest for you is the way you should do it.

Some people prefer the mohawk method and that doesn't seem to work to well for me, i think my head is shaped funny..:lol:

I know hoe you feel. My rollersets don't come out well at all either. I think my problem is that my hair is VERY texlaxed. I just cannto get the hair to be smooth after it is dry.

I was thinking of doing a "corrective" to make my hair straighter, but I am scared.

Instead I feel forced airdry, risk it with a flatiron to get it straight, and do dry rollersets with Satin covered foam rollers.

It looks the same, but the flatiron weekly does scare me.

The onlty thing that makes me feel better about it is that I am not sitting under my hot dryer for long period of time like when I do rollersets. It get HOT under there- too hot most times. I know rollersets protect the hair better, but I really need my hair ro be straighter so I can get the smooth results I like.

After rollersets I end up having to use a flatiron anyway! :confused:

You could air dry using the scarf method or blowdry then use Caruso Rollers. This turns out very similar to a rollerset. To maintain the style use pincurls at night. HTH :)

okay im lost what is the scarf method? by the way thanks for the suggestions i love going to the salon and getting rollersets i hate washing it out when its time to wash my hair because i know i cannot get it like it was

Back