Please help before I get touch up.

bluejay47

The last 2 times I got a relaxer -- Mizani Mild, it looked like it chewed up my hairline :eek: . This never happened when I did my own box relaxers. It has since filled in, and I am scheduled for a touch-up soon at the salon. I don't know what to ask for when I go. Any suggestions?

Yeah you may want that part done last.... DId it look over processed? Or underprocessed? Did they apply a base to your hairline? I dont think you should get it done until you figure out what happened, that way you can try ro prevent it from happening again.

Or you could just not get your edges done this go round until they have completely come in and healed. Some pple have success only touching up edges every other touch up. HTH's

Sounds like your hairline was overprocessed.....I'd suggest that the relaxer be applied to your hairline last.

Prior to your upcoming relaxer appt, you might want to consider meeting with/talking to your stylist to try and determine why your hairline was "chewed up" last time around, so as to prevent that from happening again.

Good luck, and keep us posted on how your hairline did after your touch up.

beyondcute said:
Yeah you may want that part done last.... DId it look over processed? Or underprocessed? Did they apply a base to your hairline? I dont think you should get it done until you figure out what happened, that way you can try ro prevent it from happening again.

That's what I'm not sure about. The hairline thinned, so you would think that it was overprocessed. But then again, it never actually got straight. It was fuzzy from the time she washed it out.

:confused:

Thanks for the replies everybody.

Oh, and yes base was applied, and she did apply it to my hairline last. When I asked her about it, she said she didn't know why, and that we should change to something else. But she didn't say switch to what.
:(

Back