PJ's DON'T Look @ This - For Newbies Only

AtlantaJJ

I found this while looking for a certain shampoo. This is a good short product guide:;

Hair care: healthy, beautiful hair begins with the right products. These finds, which really perform, belong at the head of the class - Brief Article - Buyers Guide
Essence, Oct, 2002
Shampoos
Cream of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo - This hydrating, detangling shampoo is one of the most gentle on the market and perfect for our fragile strands. Whether your hair is relaxed or natural, Cream of Nature leaves it soft and easy to comb. $2.99, 8.45 fl oz; at drugstores nationwide
Neutrogena T Gel Shampoo Dandruff - Stats say that 40 percent of the population experiences some form of scalp itchiness, flaking or scaling. Our favorite solution: Neutrogena T Gel Shampoo. $7.14, 8.5 oz; at drugstores nationwide
Goldwell Definition Color and Highlights Color Conditioning Shampoo - Color-treated hair For optimum color protection, this conditioning aloe vera and milk-based shampoo intensifies brilliance while moisturizing and protecting color. $8, 8.4 fl oz; (888) 881-0330
Nexxus Vitatress Biotin Shampoo for Fragile Thinning Hair -Fine or thinning hair Nexxus has successfully figured out a way to moisturize superfine or thinning hair without weighing it down. $6.95, 8.5 oz; at beauty-supply stores
Clinique Gentle Wash –F requent shampooing For those who work out regularly and wash their hair often, this gentle shampoo restores moisture without leaving a residue or stripping the hair. $11, 6.7 oz; at Clinique counters nationwide
Joico Resolve Chelating Shampoo - - Removing buildup This maximum cleanser removes chlorine, salt (from the ocean or perspiration) and buildup from styling products. $6.96, 10.1 oz; (800) 44-JOICO
CONDITIONERS
Facile Conditioning Mud - Damaged hair "Instant gratification" is the perfect description for this conditioner. $24, 8 oz; (212) 316-3386
Terax Crema - Chemically treated hair Rich in nourishing agents, it leaves the hair strong and silky to the touch. $16, 5 fl oz; (800) 213-5531
Color Protect Daily Conditioner - Color-treated hair Why spend the time and money on color if you aren't going to preserve it? This winner, along with Paul Mitchell's entire line of color-protecting products, keeps color-treated hues true. $7.95, 8.5 oz; (800) 321-JPMS
911 Original Formula Leave-in Conditioner - Natural hair This lightweight noncreamy formula provides a healthy boost of essential vitamins and reconstructive polymers to revitalize dry hair and strengthen cuticles. We highly recommend it as protective coating for natural styles. $2.89, 8 oz; (800) 223-2339
DEEP-CONDITIONING TREATMENTS
Namaste Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise - -Natural hair With egg protein and olive oil, this wonder really fortifies your hair. It is ideal for natural textures (in loose states, not in braids, twists or locks) or over-processed hair. Add a raw egg or heat to further intensify the treatment. $9.99, 16 oz; (888) 766-8784
Alberto VO5 Hot Oil Treatment - All hair types It nourishes the hair and scalp, plus it works on practically every hair type and texture. $3.29, two .5 oz tubes; at mass retailers nationwide
Okara Reconstructive Treatment Mask - Color-treated hair Amino acids, plant proteins and minerals allow this mask to restructure hair fibers, leaving any damaged surface scales of the hair much smoother. $22, 5.1 oz; at beauty-supply stores
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream - -Super-coarse or dry and resistant hair Rich with avocado oil and a host of other moisturizing agents, this deep conditioner softens hair to the max, and leaves it feeling like it's never felt before. $12.95, 8.5 oz; at beauty-supply stores
MOISTURIZER
Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer Lotion Light Formula - This all-time favorite is just the right consistency and texture to counter dry hair without weighing it down. It's one of the most highly recommended by hair-care pros. $2.99, 1 oz.; at mass retailers nationwide
GELS
Queen Helene Normal Styling Gel - Light hold Whether you're rocking two-strand twists or a relaxed, smooth chignon, this alcohol-free, nonsticky, nonflaky gel is a must-have. $2.99, 1 lb; at mass retailers nationwide
Bed Head Headshrink - Heavy hold This winner is great for thick, coarse or superfrizzy textures that need more than average control. It isn't goopy or messy, and it's alcohol-free--so every hair is left in place without a hard finish. $6.99, 8 oz; at beauty-supply stores
POMADE
-Aveda Purefume Brilliant Humectant Pomade - This pick also happens to be favored by our pros for the way it conditions and controls. Aloe, kelp and flaxseed moisturize while a plant-derived aroma leaves a divine scent. $13.50, 2 oz; (800) 328-0849
SHINE SPRAY
Kizure Mega Shine Mist - Kudos to this light spray for its brilliant high-gloss finish. It even has silk proteins to condition as it shines. $8.50, 8 oz; (800) 228-6354

AtlantaJJ said:
I found this while looking for a certain shampoo. This is a good short product guide:;

Hair care: healthy, beautiful hair begins with the right products. These finds, which really perform, belong at the head of the class - Brief Article - Buyers Guide
Essence, Oct, 2002
Shampoos
Cream of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo - This hydrating, detangling shampoo is one of the most gentle on the market and perfect for our fragile strands. Whether your hair is relaxed or natural, Cream of Nature leaves it soft and easy to comb. $2.99, 8.45 fl oz; at drugstores nationwide
Neutrogena T Gel Shampoo Dandruff - Stats say that 40 percent of the population experiences some form of scalp itchiness, flaking or scaling. Our favorite solution: Neutrogena T Gel Shampoo. $7.14, 8.5 oz; at drugstores nationwide
Goldwell Definition Color and Highlights Color Conditioning Shampoo - Color-treated hair For optimum color protection, this conditioning aloe vera and milk-based shampoo intensifies brilliance while moisturizing and protecting color. $8, 8.4 fl oz; (888) 881-0330
Nexxus Vitatress Biotin Shampoo for Fragile Thinning Hair -Fine or thinning hair Nexxus has successfully figured out a way to moisturize superfine or thinning hair without weighing it down. $6.95, 8.5 oz; at beauty-supply stores
Clinique Gentle Wash –F requent shampooing For those who work out regularly and wash their hair often, this gentle shampoo restores moisture without leaving a residue or stripping the hair. $11, 6.7 oz; at Clinique counters nationwide
Joico Resolve Chelating Shampoo - - Removing buildup This maximum cleanser removes chlorine, salt (from the ocean or perspiration) and buildup from styling products. $6.96, 10.1 oz; (800) 44-JOICO
CONDITIONERS
Facile Conditioning Mud - Damaged hair "Instant gratification" is the perfect description for this conditioner. $24, 8 oz; (212) 316-3386
Terax Crema - Chemically treated hair Rich in nourishing agents, it leaves the hair strong and silky to the touch. $16, 5 fl oz; (800) 213-5531
Color Protect Daily Conditioner - Color-treated hair Why spend the time and money on color if you aren't going to preserve it? This winner, along with Paul Mitchell's entire line of color-protecting products, keeps color-treated hues true. $7.95, 8.5 oz; (800) 321-JPMS
911 Original Formula Leave-in Conditioner - Natural hair This lightweight noncreamy formula provides a healthy boost of essential vitamins and reconstructive polymers to revitalize dry hair and strengthen cuticles. We highly recommend it as protective coating for natural styles. $2.89, 8 oz; (800) 223-2339
DEEP-CONDITIONING TREATMENTS
Namaste Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise - -Natural hair With egg protein and olive oil, this wonder really fortifies your hair. It is ideal for natural textures (in loose states, not in braids, twists or locks) or over-processed hair. Add a raw egg or heat to further intensify the treatment. $9.99, 16 oz; (888) 766-8784
Alberto VO5 Hot Oil Treatment - All hair types It nourishes the hair and scalp, plus it works on practically every hair type and texture. $3.29, two .5 oz tubes; at mass retailers nationwide
Okara Reconstructive Treatment Mask - Color-treated hair Amino acids, plant proteins and minerals allow this mask to restructure hair fibers, leaving any damaged surface scales of the hair much smoother. $22, 5.1 oz; at beauty-supply stores
Redken All Soft Heavy Cream - -Super-coarse or dry and resistant hair Rich with avocado oil and a host of other moisturizing agents, this deep conditioner softens hair to the max, and leaves it feeling like it's never felt before. $12.95, 8.5 oz; at beauty-supply stores
MOISTURIZER
Luster's Pink Oil Moisturizer Lotion Light Formula - This all-time favorite is just the right consistency and texture to counter dry hair without weighing it down. It's one of the most highly recommended by hair-care pros. $2.99, 1 oz.; at mass retailers nationwide
GELS
Queen Helene Normal Styling Gel - Light hold Whether you're rocking two-strand twists or a relaxed, smooth chignon, this alcohol-free, nonsticky, nonflaky gel is a must-have. $2.99, 1 lb; at mass retailers nationwide
Bed Head Headshrink - Heavy hold This winner is great for thick, coarse or superfrizzy textures that need more than average control. It isn't goopy or messy, and it's alcohol-free--so every hair is left in place without a hard finish. $6.99, 8 oz; at beauty-supply stores
POMADE
-Aveda Purefume Brilliant Humectant Pomade - This pick also happens to be favored by our pros for the way it conditions and controls. Aloe, kelp and flaxseed moisturize while a plant-derived aroma leaves a divine scent. $13.50, 2 oz; (800) 328-0849
SHINE SPRAY
Kizure Mega Shine Mist - Kudos to this light spray for its brilliant high-gloss finish. It even has silk proteins to condition as it shines. $8.50, 8 oz; (800) 228-6354

Pink Oil - oh, hellz naw.....

Yeah I graduated from the pink oil a long time ago.
I do like the queen helen gel I used the cholesterol formula before I knew how to take of my hair and that was only thing that kept if from breaking off.

I used it after I washed and conditioned. I applied a little gel, brushed my hair into a smooth ponytail and tied it down with a scarf. My hair always dried smooth soft and moisterized. I would never use this technique on my hair now though, but it was only thing that saved me from the dreaded one hair, see-thru ponytail.

JLove74 said:

Heee, I thought the same thing. I've hated Pink Oil since my high school days. I always wondered why my hair felt greazy (YES, with a "Z) and dry at the same time. Now I know it was that durn Pink Oil!:angry2:

Shame on you, Essence!

JLove74 said:

They have had a lot of misses. lol.
The Pink Oil really makes you look at the whole list with a raised eyebrow.:perplexed

AtlantaJJ....Now you knew the PJs were coming in here!!:lol:

haha, I told you this was for newbies... I saw that pink oil stuff on there too and said yikes! :eek:

But I am looking for a good chelating shampoo and this article popped up!

LOL <don't sick Naomi on me!>

:lachen: :lachen:
Letitia said:
The Pink Oil really makes you look at the whole list with a raised eyebrow.:perplexed

It was a set-up!!!! I ain't got nuttin better to do with myself! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I had to come in here even though it says PJ's don't look

thanks for the info
the list was good
the pink oil:eek: :eek:
that was the item that messes up the list..pink oil :mad: :mad: :mad: Essence needs to quit with that ...somebody needs to insert the smiley with the whip !!

newbies if you're looking for a regimen ....just a note... pink oil is not recommended on this forum ;) ....

Why the heck did I come home from work the other day and while saying hi to my 3 year old, I noticed a small dry patch in his scalp. I asked my mom if I could use some of her WGO (that I bought for her) on his scalp. WHY DID SHE HAVE THE UNMITIGATED GALL TO PULL OUT A BOTTLE OF PINK LOTION and say "here use this!" :D

I was like :eek:

I asked her where the heck did it come from and she looked so embarrassed and said "I thought I was buying something good!" I kind of felt bad but I told her to leave the product buying to me. She won't listen for anything!

PSYCH! Good one for the PJs and the Pink Oil mention in the article!
Hmmmm... I never cared for Pink Oil either.

Re:
POMADE

I have a jar of this in my cabinet and have had it there for years! I used half the jar when I first purchased but somehow the scent had a tinge of tobacco leaf :lol: . It wasn't bad, but I didn't think it smelled as good as the product described to me. It's OK but there are much better products available.

I guess I'll just use it up and be done with it It's in a pretty jar though!:p

LOL...Now you know good and well that when you said don't look...all the PJ's did anyway!:lol: Me included:look:

Letitia said:

Okay Letitia, that's what brought me in here...when AJ said or wrote PJ's don't look....shoot...I wanna see...lol...

AJ you wrong for trying to keep us out...I'm a PJ BABY!!!! Well the CON (green bottle) is very good , the Neutrogena product that you mentioned may be good although I have never used it BUT I can speak for Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo/daily deep conditioner,silk touch leave in, hair mask, and healing shine serum. They are very good also....Neutrogena in the green tubes are also good for itchy scalps.. The other things on the list...I don't know about some of them because I never tried and never heard of any ladies on here using them:) The aveda product pomade sounds good though...I have heard of ladies mentioning this...

Last edited:
preciousjewel76 said:
Heee, I thought the same thing. I've hated Pink Oil since my high school days. I always wondered why my hair felt greazy (YES, with a "Z) and dry at the same time. Now I know it was that durn Pink Oil!:angry2:

Shame on you, Essence!

I concur. Greasy and dry is the perfect description :lol: perfect for creating ski slope hair.

Last edited:
ROFL @ "PJs don't look at this"

you know doggone well we're gonna flood this piece :D

But 911 and Pink Oil moisturizer :confused: :(
They should know better

and rinygirl6.. good lookin' with the Lamaur's Bone Marrow. I think this is one of the most slept on beauty products ever!

Last edited:
crlsweetie912 said:
Why the heck did I come home from work the other day and while saying hi to my 3 year old, I noticed a small dry patch in his scalp. I asked my mom if I could use some of her WGO (that I bought for her) on his scalp. WHY DID SHE HAVE THE UNMITIGATED GALL TO PULL OUT A BOTTLE OF PINK LOTION and say "here use this!" :D

I was like :eek:

I asked her where the heck did it come from and she looked so embarrassed and said "I thought I was buying something good!" I kind of felt bad but I told her to leave the product buying to me. She won't listen for anything!

I hurt myself laughing at this post!:lachen: :lachen: Mom was not giving up the Good WGO! :lachen:

tsmith said:
Okay Letitia, that's what brought me in here...when AJ said or wrote PJ's don't look....shoot...I wanna see...lol...

AJ you wrong for trying to keep us out...I'm a PJ BABY!!!! Well the CON (green bottle) is very good , the Neutrogena product that you mentioned may be good although I have never used it BUT I can speak for Neutrogena Triple Moisture shampoo/daily deep conditioner,silk touch leave in, hair mask, and healing shine serum. They are very good also....Neutrogena in the green tubes are also good for itchy scalps.. The other things on the list...I don't know about some of them because I never tried and never heard of any ladies on here using them:) The aveda product pomade sounds good though...I have heard of ladies mentioning this...

She knew we were coming to check it out! We gotta make sure we agree with the products. You notice I didnt say we come in to see what we might want later on. lol

Now ATLJJ, u know u can't post anything that says Pjs don't peek!:lachen: Shame on ya'! ;) I guess I'm the only one who loved to use pink oil. :eek:...(DD creeps out the thread ducking):lol:

Back