Pink conditioner at Dominican salons?

abainaa

For those of you that frequent Dominican salons.

My stylist used to use this pink stuff that she would put in after my shampoo to detangle my hair. It worked wonders but it was Spanish and she didn't speak English so i never found out what it was.
Have any of you ever seen this stuff or know what it is? It is incredibly slippery and it is just used to detangle and washed out almost instantly but it leaves the hair really soft. And its bright pink.
confused.gif

I think what you speaking of isn't a conditioner, it's cream rinse. it's been around for years. any beauty supply store should have it. i know that some of the salons use one called (Lafier), it has a womans face on it. it's bright pink. some shops use the olive oil one that is green. it all does the same thing to me. it detangles like a dream. go to your BSS and go to the ailse where the dominican products are and your sure to find it. it will say cream or creme rinse on the bottle. good luck!

i think i just saw some of this stuff @ the grocery store. we have a large mexican/latino population in my area and almost all stores carry mexican prducts. i might have to check this stuff out. thanks!

I go to Beauty Town in Parkchester the Bronx. It is at Hugh Grant Cirlce. If you take the 6 train to Parkchester, get off and as soon as you come out of the train station, walk to your left and it's right across the street. It's pretty big so you can't miss it, right between Buy Rite and Mr. Sports sneaker store.

I know exactly what u are talking about. U know I sniffed that stuff out so I could go in the hair store and see if I could regonize which one they are using. There are TONS of pink rinses, and the one I bought is obviously not the one they use in the salon. When I asked the hairdresser what it is she tells me " its made in the Dominican Republic mami"
swearing.gif

Not all the rinses are the same b/c there are some that I feel give me incredible slip and silkiness on my rollerset and the others are just blah, it doesn't even help in the detangling process.

Yeah I have seen numerous pink rinses but I never saw the exact one that is in my salon. And i'm scared to try the others. I haven't been to that salon in about a year also since I have been doing my hair myself.
But I REALLY want to know what that stuff is!
wallbash.gif

The only pink rinse and conditioner I use is the Sole & Cinnamon it detangles like nobody's business if you can handle the cinnamon smell.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
The only pink rinse and conditioner I use is the Sole & Cinnamon it detangles like nobody's business if you can handle the cinnamon smell.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was thinking too that it could also be the Sole & Cinnamon since it's pink.

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:

[/ QUOTE ]

See thats the thing, this stuff doesn't smell like cinnamon. It smells kinda fresh.

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
Is the bottle clear w. a black outlined drawing of a woman? Or is it an opaque bottle w/ a color picture of a woman?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's usually in a pump bottle, that is in a closet. I think they pour it in any bottle they find though. Sometimes its in a shampoo bottle.

You too Britt? Thats the problem, it always in the closet where I can't see where it looks like!
censored.gif

Yeah mine definitely smells fresh not cinamonny. I am on a mission to find out what this stuff is. I'm hitting up some BBS this week do do some research, a sniff test, I don't know but i'll report back.
~A

If it's the same one that Im thinking of Britt, then I recall the name has "ique" at the end...like Diamonique or something. My stylist uses this . Its in a large pump bottle and it smells fresh...

I think they put whatever in those bottles cause the pink stuff that they use at my salon is in a Razac Perfect for Perms pump bottle. I'm not sure if this is the actual product but that's the bottle its in.

[ QUOTE ]
abainaa said:
You too Britt? Thats the problem, it always in the closet where I can't see where it looks like!
censored.gif

Yeah mine definitely smells fresh not cinamonny. I am on a mission to find out what this stuff is. I'm hitting up some BBS this week do do some research, a sniff test, I don't know but i'll report back.
~A

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, im bout to hit the bss today and sniff that darn rinse out. Especially since Lunalight gave me a clue. It ends in some type of "que". Thanks Luna
wink.gif

Go back to the salon and ask them to see the bottle. I'm sure they'll tell you....

Once you find out, if it doesn't feel the same, they probably added some Olive Oil to it.
smile.gif

I was just thinking about the instant conditioner that was used at Dominican salons. I went to Lilly's over the weekend and I want whatever it was that they used. It looked like it came out of an old Sebastian bottle. I was on the other side of the salon so that was all I could make out. Does this look familiar to anyone?

[image]http://www.store1.yimg.com/I/yhst-2926993581959_1807_4780693[/image]

Rinse.

Directions: Wash hair well with shampoo, then apply Alisol Rinse Cream and rinse thoroughly and style as usual.

Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Laureth-3, Jojoba Oil, PEG-4 Polyglyceryl-2-Estearate, Panthenol, Piroctone Olamine, Methil Paraben, Mineral Oil, Propil Paraben, Fragrance, FD&C Yellow #5 and FD&C Red #3.

Made in the Dominican Republic by Laboratorios Key, C. por A.

Edited to add: I couldn't get the photo to work. But this was on Sickbay.biz and the whole name is Miss Key Alisol Rinse. It's a peachy pink color in a gallon sized bottle.

Not sure if you guys ever found out what this pink stuff is.. but on NaturallyCurly.com, they have an article this month about Dominican Salons.. and low and behold..they have a picture of some of the products used in a Dominican Salon and in the pic is a pump bottle with a woman's face on it..so that has to be the pink stuff you guys are talking about right?? If so, under the pic was the name of the stuff.. here's what it said:

Some popular Dominican products, including the famous pink cream rinse, Lafier Desrizol Rinse.

So, where can you get this stuff?? Anyone know??

yokourt, Yes your link works. I posted the picture below. I always see this product in bss that sell Dominican products.
sdrlaf1012402.jpg

For those of you that use this rinse, do you follow it up with a deep conditioner? Or just use this as your conditioner and proceed with styling?

oh joy. Finally, I know what this is. I will be ordering this for sure. I have been dying to find a cream rinse and always wanted to know what the pink stuff was. It smells like baby powder to me - I love it.

Back