Pin curling = frizz

seeminglysweet

I've tried every pin curl method that I can find. I don't know why, but when I wake up and release the curls my hair is always frizzy. I'm not setting it with anything (maybe that's the problem :scratchch), just trying to hold the curl that I achieve from roller setting.

What am I doing wrong? Or what other methods can be used to keep big, loose spirals that are comfy to sleep in?

I would try using a small amount of moisturizer or light weight serum on your ends before pin curling. That always works for me, whether I've flat irons or roller-set my hair first. HTH

I would try using a small amount of moisturizer or light weight serum on your ends before pin curling. That always works for me, whether I've flat irons or roller-set my hair first. HTH

Do you smooth/brush/comb out each section before curling or do you just finger comb?

Yes a little moisturizer does wonders and I use my fingers. Make sure you start at the very tip of the hair and practice . . . . . practice . . . . . practice. My first 10 times came out frizzy also. Now after many attempts I'm able to get smooth, bouncy curls.

Back