PIBBS 512 Reviews

gissellr78

Ok ladies....I want to get a pibbs i know the pibbs 514 rocks 'cause my cousin has it but i want my own....

If you have a 512 how is it?
Does it dry quick?
do the black rollers fit?

Pros:

It gets HOT!!!!!
It dries Quickly
I have a salon equipment at home.....
It fits large rollers

Cons:
Bulky

I love the Pibbs.

I'm rollersetting my hair under it right now. I love this dryer. The largest I have used is the purple rollers but I am sure the black ones would fit fine. It does dry quick too.

I'm rollersetting my hair under it right now. I love this dryer. The largest I have used is the purple rollers but I am sure the black ones would fit fine. It does dry quick too.

So am I :grin: Except I'm doing a wet wrap. I love my 512 as well. And I was fortunate to get it at a good price because of VSLady & TenJoy :cheers:

I use the purple rollers and it's a little snug but I still have some room.

I am trying to convince myself that this is ok to buy....I feel guilty since is a darn recession so i feel bad spending 200 bucks for a dryer.

I am trying to convince myself that this is ok to buy....I feel guilty since is a darn recession so i feel bad spending 200 bucks for a dryer.

I feel guilty about the price too. If this dryer is the reason for all these beautiful heads of curls and rollersets (besides healthy hair). Then I am willing to cut back on somethings and shell out the duckets

I feel guilty about the price too. If this dryer is the reason for all these beautiful heads of curls and rollersets (besides healthy hair). Then I am willing to cut back on somethings and shell out the duckets

It is :yep::rolleyes:

lol I'm sitting under Denise right now.

I'm using gray rollers.

It's really no diff between this and the 514 except the 514 has actual temps listed next to the different intervals on the dryer, but the 512 just has dots but still a lot of different temp settings to be set.

Ok ladies....I want to get a pibbs i know the pibbs 514 rocks 'cause my cousin has it but i want my own....

If you have a 512 how is it?
Does it dry quick?
do the black rollers fit?

I have one and I love it. It gets very hot. I usually put it on between the hot and medium.
I use all black rollers and they fit fine.
It usually takes an hour or so to dry my hair.

This dryer gets really hot fast. It takes about an hour or so to dry my hair which is super thick and a few inches from my tailbone now. I started using the black rollers and I could not fully fit my head in the dryer. I had to shove my head in the dryer and it was still not fitting well. So I guess it depends on your roller placement beacuse I don't fit properly under the dryer in black rollers.

You can't go wrong with either the 512 or the 514. It's just an aesthetic preference (I think the 514 in Black is sexier:look:) but both are excellent investments. I use mine at least twice a week. Best hair purchase eva!!!

I just ordered a 514, and the way I justified it (to myself - I'm single) is to calculate how much I normally paid for weekly salon visits. The dryer would pay for itself in about 6-8 weeks of visits. Now if we're talking about my hair weave days with a sew-in and $100+ hair, then we're talking one visit.

Since I've been blessed with the knowledge and support of everyone on LHCF, I feel confident about doing my own hair and a quality dryer seems to be a worthwhile investment. No more 3 hour hood dryer sessions for me, thank you! I can't wait till my Pibbs arrives!

This dryer gets really hot fast. It takes about an hour or so to dry my hair which is super thick and a few inches from my tailbone now. I started using the black rollers and I could not fully fit my head in the dryer. I had to shove my head in the dryer and it was still not fitting well. So I guess it depends on your roller placement beacuse I don't fit properly under the dryer in black rollers.

At first i couldn't fit the black ones in either but I had to let the gray ones go because they were leaving my hair too curly.

I tried the black ones again and now they fit fine. I just throw them in any which way. as long as they fit.

You can't go wrong with either the 512 or the 514. It's just an aesthetic preference (I think the 514 in Black is sexier:look:) but both are excellent investments. I use mine at least twice a week. Best hair purchase eva!!!

:yep:Yes to all you said. I have the 512 and love it! You can't go wrong with a pibbs.

Back