Phytospecific Relaxer formula changed?

Luscious Locks

Hi, Phyto pham!

I've been in lurk mode for a while, but I had to come out and ask a question about our beloved brand. Have any of you ladies noticed a changed in the formula? I definately have noticed two different things:

1. It no long has quite so many "egg shells". You know those white bits. Which is a good thing.

2. It's not as soupy as is used to be. It's way more creamy and thick. It used to be droopy.

I think that the explanation might be in the fact that they may be using more base and less inductor fluid. Perhaps to give more product.

A frequent complaint before was that there was not enough to use twice. IMO I think it makes the formula a bit weaker. My hair is not two different textures because Phyto 2 made my hair silky straight and now it's less than silky straight.... it's semi straight.

Anyone else notice this?

LLocks,

You have been missed on the board!

I have noticed that there are less flakes in my Phyto relaxer as well. I just attributed this decrease in flakes to my mixing of Walnut oil and SAA into the relaxer.

I am transitioning to texlaxed so I am enjoying the under processing.

Welcome back!

I bought 3 Phyto II relaxers during the last Phyto on-line sale. I've only used one so far and I haven't noticed the white bits. Like Taz, I like not being bone straight so it works for me. Sorry you're having issues with yours!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one noticing. Thanks for the welcome Taz. And now I know how you're getting that amazing thickness. Dear goodness it's drool worthy.

Alrighty, I relaxed yesterday. I will say that I think the consistency of the product has changed, but that it's still just as effective at straightening hair. My hair is very straight. Too straight,and I'm thinking of some methods of how to reduce the strength of the relaxer without actually switching to Phyto I--cuz that would be unknown territory.

Just wanted to let you guys know what I observed.

Alrighty, I relaxed yesterday. I will say that I think the consistency of the product has changed, but that it's still just as effective at straightening hair. My hair is very straight. Too straight,and I'm thinking of some methods of how to reduce the strength of the relaxer without actually switching to Phyto I--cuz that would be unknown territory.

Just wanted to let you guys know what I observed.

Pics please! :grin:

I used Phyto II from 2004 to 2009
Using Phyto I from 2009 to 2010 based on a hair sensei's recommendation and very glad I listened to her - she suggested that Index II may have been too strong for our type of hair -and my hair is thriving again.

Sorry that you're having issues.

*watching*

I used Phyto II from 2004 to 2009
Using Phyto I from 2009 to 2010 based on a hair sensei's recommendation and very glad I listened to her - she suggested that Index II may have been too strong for our type of hair -and my hair is thriving again.

Sorry that you're having issues.

*watching*

What type of hair are you referring to? Type 4?

Back