PHYTO INDEX 1 as Texturizer

MomofThreeBoys

I'm thinking of transitioning from Relaxed to Texturized and am wondering if using Index 1 would work. The website says Index 1 is for fine/delicate hair but I am thinking it might have a texturized affet on coarse thick hair. Index 2 worked pretty well to get my new growth 80% straight and I'm hoping index 1 will be in 40-50% range straighter range.

What do you think?

i think u can use any relaxer as a texturizer, correct me if I'm wrong. you just leave the relaxer on for a shorter amount of time.

Poohbear said:
i think u can use any relaxer as a texturizer, correct me if I'm wrong. you just leave the relaxer on for a shorter amount of time.

Yep...and/or use a milder strength than you normally would. Never used the phyto, so can't comment on that.

In that case, I would use Index 2 for less time. I was wondering if Index 1 would relax that curl at all for course hair. That way, I wouldn't have to try to figure out how long to leave it in. It would just have the affect of a texturizer.

I hope I'm explaining it ok:look:

I don't know if Sengschick is still around but she used the Phyto as a texturizer though I don't remember which Index. From what I've understood, Index 1 is pretty mild.

Whether you choose strand tests before you relax so you can get an idea of what your hair is going to do BEFORE you've committed your whole head of hair to the process. If you have different textures, do tests for the different textures to insure better results!

Thanks for the suggestion. Phyto is sooooooo expensive to not be sure. I'm might just go with Index 2 and leave it on for less time.

LaNecia said:
I don't know if Sengschick is still around but she used the Phyto as a texturizer though I don't remember which Index. From what I've understood, Index 1 is pretty mild.

Whether you choose strand tests before you relax so you can get an idea of what your hair is going to do BEFORE you've committed your whole head of hair to the process. If you have different textures, do tests for the different textures to insure better results!

Please post pics and follow up if you do.

I've been mulling over doing the same thing. I have 2 boxes of index 1 hoping to go from natural to texturized. I chose index 1 even though everyone says its extra mild because I don't want to chance having those straight parts or have it jerri curl lookin. I basically want to keep it as curly as possible and still be able to use a flat iron and wear it straight. I will definately do a strand test first though.

I just did my first texturizer using a mild lye relaxer, Cream of Nature. I left it on for about 10-15 mins...around there. I told my hairdresser, who is my mother, that I wanted a texturizer, but don't want to lose all my hair. The rest of my hair is bone straight....So if I put in a regular texturizer you girls know what happens, it falls off...So yes it does work...I have waves on my new growth section.....no bone straight.

UPDATE

I just spoke to the people at PHYTO. The do not recommend using Index 1 on Coarse hair to texturize. They suggested that I still use Index 2 but shorten the processing time.

Yeah!!!!.:yay:...I think I will be going down the texturized route. Maybe for a year. Then who knows? Natural??????????:look:

My sister applied the relaxer but we weren't confident that we wouldn't overprocess or underprocess so we just relaxed fully.

For my next application, I will go to a Phyto Salon (there are at least two here in Atlanta), to try to go down the texturized route. The people at PHYTO STRONGLY recommended using a stylist for achieving a texturized look.

sprungonhairboards said:
Natalied,

Did you ever do this?

Back