Phonyponies.com who bought one from this site?

DangerouslyShy

Im interested in getting one...did anyone get one from this site? If so what type of hair is it? and style and please post pictures if you have them....

thanks in advance

I think that Boadicea might have one but I'm not 100% sure. She has a fotki album, I believe.

I bought the 12 inch Deep Curls in #2. with a gold clip. I have a bunch of pictures of it in my protective styles album on various pages.

Their "12 inches" is rather long. I wasn't expecting it to be halfway down my back when I put it as high as it could go. I'd recommend the 10 inch even if you think you want it to be long.

It tangles slightly and it can only be remedied by wetting it and then finger-picking the curls and letting it dry. You can't comb it.

When I wear it, it blends very well with my natural hair. You can ask for a sample of different styles and colors, which is what I would recommened. I've found that their "#2" is a more accurate "dark brown" than some other companies' "#2" which are far darker, almost black.

If you don't put it at an unnatural height (best is for it to be in the direct center, slightly higher than the middle of the back of your head), it'll look fine. It's not immediately apparent that it's not your hair unless someone is standing much higher than you because the only way you can see where the weft is attached is from an angle on the top.

Last edited:
Boadicea said:
Thanks! If you get one, I hope you like it.
I did get one...it should be here tomorrow!! I didnt realize how expensive they were I should have bought two so i could over night them both...

DangerouslyShy said:
I did get one...it should be here tomorrow!! I didnt realize how expensive they were I should have bought two so i could over night them both...

Hi DangerouslyShy,

When did you put in your order? I put mine in last week. I just called them because I haven't received it yet. Anyway they said that it takes about 10 days because they have to make it. Mine left there warehouse today and should get to me by early next week. If you ordered it overnight they have to put a rush job on making it, so it might ship in 2 days or so.

Anyway good luck I can't wait until mine comes...I'll post pics.

RabiaElaine said:
Hi DangerouslyShy,

When did you put in your order? I put mine in last week. I just called them because I haven't received it yet. Anyway they said that it takes about 10 days because they have to make it. Mine left there warehouse today and should get to me by early next week. If you ordered it overnight they have to put a rush job on making it, so it might ship in 2 days or so.

Anyway good luck I can't wait until mine comes...I'll post pics.
HEY!!!

I ordered mine on the 8th when i ordered overnight i thought it was going to come to me overnight it didnt say anything about it takes 10 days than it would be shipped....lol dag i didnt order a lace front or anything!!

After looking at Boadicea's album a while ago, I decided to order from phonyponies.com. It took a little while for the ponytail to arrive but I've had NO complaints!:D I had ordered the 10 in b/c I tend to be a bit conservative. When it arrived, I was glad I had. But it blends well with my hair. I even had one Black women almost standing on top of me, face in the back of my head when my DH and I were standing in line at Leann Chin's, LOL!:lol: (you know how some women get :smirk: ). So I'm guessing it looks pretty realistic to others too. Although I bought a #2, it's somewhat multicolored (I think it used to be a lighter shade they dyed darker) but to me that makes it look even more realistic. HTH!:)

Nyambura said:
After looking at Boadicea's album a while ago, I decided to order from phonyponies.com. It took a little while for the ponytail to arrive but I've had NO complaints!:D I had ordered the 10 in b/c I tend to be a bit conservative. When it arrived, I was glad I had. But it blends well with my hair. I even had one Black women almost standing on top of me, face in the back of my head when my DH and I were standing in line at Leann Chin's, LOL!:lol: (you know how some women get :smirk: ). So I'm guessing it looks pretty realistic to others too. Although I bought a #2, it's somewhat multicolored (I think it used to be a lighter shade they dyed darker) but to me that makes it look even more realistic. HTH!:)
what texture did you get?

Boadicea They sent me the jerry curl one and I asked for the deep curl....lol i was a little upset!!

Back