Periods When Your Growth Rate Decline?

JFK

I went totally bald in January....it's July and I have about 1" of hair :ohwell:

This isn't normal for me. I was expecting to have a nice mini bush by now.

But, within the past 6 months I've been promoted at work (more responsibility), my sister died tragically, and I'm busy taking care of a family of 4.

I know stress can stunt growth but I didn't expect THIS much stunting.

Man, stress kills. I need to lighten up for my health....and my hair :look:

Have you experienced something similar?

Yeah. I have had a super stressful couple years myself, but my hair grew slow before that :( I do my best to eat right, get exercise, massage my scalp, take vitamins and relax. My focus is on retention right now :)

Last edited:
JFK, Yes I have experienced this. My mom became ill two years ago and passed last year.

I am sorry for the loss of your sister. Your body is definitely going through things and out of balance. Have you had a physically lately and had your hormones and vitamin levels checked?

I know it is easier said than done but eat as well as you can, drink plenty of water, get an appropriate amount of sleep, stay physically active and take some time for your mental health. :lol: Yes, I know you already have a full plate. Do what you can.

Is has been a year and I think my body is just starting to get back to normal.

Omgosh I am so sorry for your loss and trying times. Stress is horrible and I loss my mom last year so what I tried and still try to do as it is still so fresh is do more things with my family to take my mind away from stress like go to the park, or movies. I try to eat right and drink plenty of water as well as exercise bc that's our bodies essentials. I pray you find peace and are able to get more tips from the ladies. As mentioned above please make sure you see your doctor for a thorough eval to make sure it's not your hormone levels, etc.

I went totally bald in January....it's July and I have about 1" of hair :ohwell:

This isn't normal for me. I was expecting to have a nice mini bush by now.

But, within the past 6 months I've been promoted at work (more responsibility), my sister died tragically, and I'm busy taking care of a family of 4.

I know stress can stunt growth but I didn't expect THIS much stunting.

Man, stress kills. I need to lighten up for my health....and my hair :look:

Have you experienced something similar?
OMG how did your sister die if you don't mind me asking? That is so sad. Same thing happened to my partner's brother he was 35 it was awful. Dunno what I would do losing a sibling so sorry for you

So sorry to hear about the passing of your sister, along with the very real added stressors in your life. I've had stressors that were tough, but rather than a growth stunt, I experienced breakage and shedding to the point of excess. That time in my life lasted a solid 2 years with relative highs/lows before things leveled out a bit. I was left with raggedy hair and cut myself down to a pixie.

On the other hand, I notice growth spurts during hotter months..summertime.

I'm a very slow-grower in general.

Back