Paul Mitchell Salon School w/ pictures

THicknLong

44f0f035-2296-cdb5.jpg

44f0f035-22ad-75b1.jpg

Follow-Up
Sorry the pictures are so big ladies.. I wanted to tell you about my experience at the Paul mitchell school. It was so WONDERFUL!!!.. The lady I got was a phase 1 student, her name is Jasmine. Which I was a bit skeptical since she hadn't been doing hair on the floor that long. Little did I know she knows ALOT!!.. First she washed my hair.. which I must say was very relaxing, they have a wash room, in the room it is very dim and they play relaxing music. I almost fell asleep when getting my hair wash. I got a relaxing scalp massage when I got my hair washed and she put in a conditioner that made my 2 inches of new growth very manageable. We started to chat once she was done washing my hair, she asked me how long have I been stretching my relaxers. I was so surprised she knew what strecthing was. She asked if I was going natural due to all of my new growth..lol and Shes 100% natural. I informed her that I stretch up to 5 to 6 months. She thought that I could go natural since my hair looks texlax lol.. She said I could do a big chop!!!.. I was like :nono:.. Im scared of my natual texture. So we made an agreement, I would see her every 3 weeks!!!.. Which to get a roller set would only be $8.. and we would see how much progress I make, If im apl within that three month period I would allow her to cut off the ends which is about an 1". I did inform her about my psycho tendencies and seriousness about my hair. She fully understood where I was coming from. Ladies I must say this is the first time I have ever felt confortable about letting someone do my hair. My curls feel like BUTTER..litterally!!! I can run my hair through my curls. I never though my new growth could feel this good. I never thought I would feel this comfortable with letting a beautician do my hair. We also talked about color. Im thinking about it. I definitely had to give JASMINE a :bighug:when I left she made me feel comfortable with my hair and also comfortable with telling her what I like and don't like with stylist. Oh we also talked about vitamins to give her a boost on her natural journey and I also offered to bring her a little of my deep conditioner 10 en 1 to try. I haven't told her about you guys yet. Maybe on my next appointment I can share you guys with her. I must say Paul Mitchell gets 4 stars for me. Would have given 5 but I had to wait for about 15 mins because I don't think they knew who to let do my hair.

Last edited:
I like it too! Your curls look great! What I relief it is to find a stylist that you're comfortable with that actually listens and understands! How long did the appointment take?

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I love pics! :yep:

I like it too! Your curls look great! What I relief it is to find a stylist that you're comfortable with that actually listens and understands! How long did the appointment take?

Thanks for sharing the pictures! I love pics! :yep:

Thanks Ladies.. It took about 2.5 hrs .. Due to my hair taking so long to dry.

She did a great job but even better than that you feel comfortable with her...It's hard to find a stylist that you trust so :congrats: to that!

THANKS LADIES.. YES THE EXPERIENCE WAS GREAT!!!.. I felt like I have truly found someone that understands my goals whens dealing with my hair.

So beautiful and she sounds like a Peach, it is so rare to find somebody who you are comfortable with and the best thing (and this is the cheap college student in me) b/c she's phase one, that means she will be there for at least another 6-7 months and you can get great service and a great style at a great price!

So happy for you. Based on the other thread, I already saved PM Salon info and I'm gonna give them a try as well. Hoping to mirror your experience.

Ur curlies look great, btw!

It always refreshing to hear about a stylist that knows a thing or two about hair. I hope the cosmetology world doesn't corrupt her.:grin:

Okay, so I was all hyped, right? So I call for an appointment - no prob.
I ask for the rates for shampoo/blow dry/flat iron - I get $35. :ohwell:

I'm not as hyped now.

Here's the 411...
Guest Service Rates....

Service Phase 1 Phase 2
Flat Iron (every 7 inches) 15.00 20.00
Conditioning Treatment 15.00 20.00
Scalp Treatment 15.00 20.00
Up-Style 30.00 35.00
Senior Shampoo Set and Style 8.00 12.00
Shampoo Set 15.00 20.00
Blow Dry and Wrap 12.00 15.00
Spiral Set 35.00 40.00
Curling Iron 15.00 20.00
Dreadlocks/ Corn Rows Braids 60.00 65.00

Okay, so I was all hyped, right? So I call for an appointment - no prob.
I ask for the rates for shampoo/blow dry/flat iron - I get $35. :ohwell:

I'm not as hyped now.

Here's the 411...
Guest Service Rates....

Service Phase 1 Phase 2
Flat Iron (every 7 inches) 15.00 20.00
Conditioning Treatment 15.00 20.00
Scalp Treatment 15.00 20.00
Up-Style 30.00 35.00
Senior Shampoo Set and Style 8.00 12.00
Shampoo Set 15.00 20.00
Blow Dry and Wrap 12.00 15.00
Spiral Set 35.00 40.00
Curling Iron 15.00 20.00
Dreadlocks/ Corn Rows Braids 60.00 65.00

What area is this PM in?.. The one in Dallas on Midway.. Is very cheap.

It always refreshing to hear about a stylist that knows a thing or two about hair. I hope the cosmetology world doesn't corrupt her.:grin:

lol..I was thinking the same thing. She also told me that PM teaches them about healthy hair practices, because we spoke about hair salons and the stylist not telling there customers about it beign ok to stretch there relaxers or even about protein treatments... She seems like she is very known about healthy hair practices.

I actually made an appointment for a trim :blush: at the PM school out in Tyson's Corner, VA. It's 17 bucks for a phase 2 student. I think I'm gonna chicken out.:nono:

Man that is great! I think I would lose my mind if there was a place with people who could do natural hair well in my area that were getting their license.

I actually made an appointment for a trim :blush: at the PM school out in Tyson's Corner, VA. It's 17 bucks for a phase 2 student. I think I'm gonna chicken out.:nono:

lol.. Don't.. Just show them exactly how much you want taken off, maybe out on a little :mad: mad face, so she knows you mean business!!..

Back