Paul Mitchell relaxer

princessP28

Has anyone tried or know someone who has tried the paul mitchell relaxer? My hair stylist used this on my 4a/b hair..it took well but after a couple of days it got frizzy...i dont know if this is because i wore my hair out for 3 days in freezing cold weather (this is before i knew about protecting my hair from cold weather) or is it the relaxer??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif now my hair is fine but the fresh relaxed look from the salon only lasted me a couple of days...should i switch to something else or give it one more chance? by the way i have a thinning hairline and half of my hairstrands have color in it. any thoughts will be much appreciated...thanks /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I didn't even know Paul Mitchell had a relaxer until somebody asked about it yesterday.

Frankly, I can't imagine Paul Mitchell making a good relaxer....was it designed with our hair in mind?

Sorry...I know I wasn't any help at all.

Yeah i was a little skeptical on how well my hair will take the paul mitchell relaxer but it looked good when i left the salon, soft and smooth....and one of my college friends used it and her hair always looked really good but i dont know if she still uses it. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Princess, she probably used a mild relaxer due to your hair being colored. Other then that I didn't know Paul Mitchell had a relaxer. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I've been researching treads on this forum and it seems that most of us 4 a/b's end up with that underprocessed look when using a mild relaxer, with the exception of a few of us. My hair has always looks really thin and flat with anything stronger.

Who else is a 4 a/b and gets their hair straight without that reverted look afterwards with a mild relaxer. What kind are you using??

Nita, it depends on the relaxer. I know that you and I are in the same underprocessed boat. When I went to the hairdresser regularly, she used Affirm mild on my hair, and it worked as well as a regular relaxer. On the other hand, no way would I use Motions Oil mild relaxer, since the regular barely made a difference.

I remember a while back seeing a Paul Mitchell relaxer that seems to be like a temporary relaxer -- is this the one you are speaking of?

what do you mean by temporary relaxer?? if you mean a texturizer...it wasnt one...it made my hair straight, smooth and soft but this only lasted a couple of days /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Princess what I meant by temporary is exactly what you seemed to have experienced, that it only lasted for a couple of days.....which is the impression I got about the product after reading the label. I was going to buy it anyway to check it out but definitely won't after reading your post....Thanks for the info.

Back