Paris Wedding Planning

GoingNatural

Hello! I'm currently planning my destination wedding in Paris. I have never planned a wedding or even imagined planning a wedding so this is quite an undertaking. We are having the wedding at the Shangri-La Paris and I need an extra set of eyes from anyone who has had some experience with the venue contract process.

If anyone has any advice about European weddings, destination weddings - I would REALLY appreciate it.

Also, if anyone is willing to take a look at the contract for me and suggest anything - please message me. I would really appreciate it :)

We decided not to go the wedding planner route so I'm being a bit paranoid as this is the most important part that I need to lock down. :spinning::spinning::spinning:

@GoingNatural oh how I dream of Paris! I'm trying to work Paris into a honeymoon or anniversary spot now lol. Does your location have an event planner? Normally the provide vendor references and are included with the location fee. As far as contracts...I would make sure every single service, set up time, break down time, insurance if required and item i.e table cloths, plates etc EVEN if verbally discussed be put into writing. Also if they don't have an event coordinator or planner at the location hire a day off (this is going to save you a lot of stress and give you more time to your day). Also congrats on your pending nuptials and happy wedding planning!

*typing via mobile excuse any typos*

Last edited:
Congrats @GoingNatural. I had a former coworker that got married in Paris. That sounds really exciting.

SO and I are looking into getting married abroad next August.
Where are you guys going??

Tell your coworker congrats! I'm starting to understand why people elope in Paris instead of planning full on weddings lol

@GoingNatural oh how I dream of Paris! I'm trying to work Paris into a honeymoon or anniversary spot now lol. Does your location have an event planner? Normally the provide vendor references and are included with the location fee. As far as contracts...I would make sure every single service, set up time, break down time, insurance if required and item i.e table cloths, plates etc EVEN if verbally discussed be put into writing. Also if they don't have an event coordinator or planner at the location hire a day off (this is going to save you a lot of stress and give you more time to your day). Also congrats on your pending nuptials and happy wedding planning!

*typing via mobile excuse any typos*

Yes, I've been working with the venue coordinator. But geez Louise everything costs money - even rooms just to get dressed in and on top of that their room rates are ridiculous lol. Things keep getting expensive without even trying

Where are you guys going??

Tell your coworker congrats! I'm starting to understand why people elope in Paris instead of planning full on weddings lol
I want to do it because I just want my favorite people there. I don't want everyone at my wedding. I went to a few local weddings last year and people just wasted food and stuff. Lol. I'm really stingy. If we are going to spend a pretty penny, I need it to be as simple and low key as possible.

We've been looking at weddingmoons from Sandals. I like how everything is inclusive, and private. I want to be on a beach. I just gotta have this baby boy first, then I can work on getting my beach body back.

Congratulations! A classmate of mine got married in Paris. From my friends who went, they told me that there's an American church there where they can do a religious service in English if you like. My wedding is local and I have a day of coordinator. I'm still overwhelmed. I know planners can be expensive, but perhaps in Paris it would be a lot less stressful to use a local planner who knows the ins and outs rather than trying to plan all the way over here. I love Paris, but it seems a little complicated when it comes to event planning. One thing if you were just eloping, but hosting guests may be tricky. Good luck!

Back