Paging Zanna & Allandra

Peachtree

Ladies, I need help
frown.gif

I'm wearing 5 bantu knots right now... 1 on each frontal side, & 3 horizontal in the back. They were really easy to make & I'm really excited to see how my hair turns out
smile.gif

Here's my problem... the danggone knots keep getting loose! Especially the back ones. It's not the "ends" that's getting loose, it's the "coiled" part. Instead of laying on their side, they're sorta' pertruding outward, & "flopping"
laugh.gif
, but the ends are still secure.

While twisting, at first I was applying too much tension (unintentionally), to the point where they were "pulling" my scalp. I released some of the tension, but now, as they are drying, they are becoming rather loose.

Here's my questions... is this "loosening" effect normal? Should I have applied more tension while twisting & wrapping? Does it even make a difference, given that my ends are still secure?

Please help
frown.gif
!!!

[ QUOTE ]
is this "loosening" effect normal?

[/ QUOTE ]
Mine didn't really get loose. I did them nice and snug and I secured each of them with a hair pin.

[ QUOTE ]
Should I have applied more tension while twisting & wrapping?

[/ QUOTE ]
Just make sure they're nice and snug, but at the same time, not too tight.

[ QUOTE ]
Does it even make a difference, given that my ends are still secure?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having the ends secured is good. IMO, it's a must so that they aren't too loose.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. I'm sure Zanna will chime in on this thread soon.

Hi Peachtree,
I will agree to what Allandra said. Do not apply more tention to the scalp while twisting(tention to the scalp:not good), just use a hair pin as soon as you finish the bantu knot. The fact that your ends are secured is good, but the knot itself has to be secured too like Allandra said.
Sincerely
Zanna

whyme.gif
Hair pins!
whyme.gif
OMG, sooo simple, yet I didn't even think about it!

Well, I re-wrapped them & secured them with hair pins
smile.gif
They're almost dry too.

I can not wait to see my hair tomorrow morning
cool.gif

Thanks ladies
kiss.gif

Peachtree

Re: Paging Zanna & Allandra

Hey Zanna
wave.gif
........ Hey Allandra
wave.gif

I'm all
grin.gif
smile.gif
. It turned out wonderful!

Thank u sooooooo much. I'm really excited cuz now I have another method to air dry & quick style.

Thanks ladies
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

how do you guys sleep over night with the knots on your head and without the knots getting frizzy?

Hi Nay,
Once the knots are twisted and secured, they don't get frizzy at all.
I tie my hair with a scarf, and the knots stay in place all night. I am used to sleeping with them, they don't heurt me at all.
Sincerely
Zanna

Like Zanna mentioned above, they don't get frizzy at all (at least mine didn't). They also don't interfere with my sleep. BTW, have you tried them?

Hi Nay,
My knots didn't get frizzy either
nono.gif
.... & mine were literally flopping around on my head while drying cuz I didn't secure them (the coiled part). I think that my oil kept them from frizzing...

Back