Paging BlkMane & Tonya (from TN) & Sweetcocoa

NayNay

Hello u two!
I like your hair and your rollersets. BlkMane I love the thickness of your hair-my hair type is closer to yours, but my length is closer to Tonya's length. I was just wondering how you both achieve the rollerset look. Whenever I rollerset my curls end up tight and I want a looser set that just hangs. I have some questions relating to your sets.

Do u use heat to dry?
What type of setting lotion do u use?
What type and size of rollers (Tonya u mentioned red ones are they larger than the gray wrap set doobie rollers?)
How do roll your hair (pattern) and how many rollers do u use?
How do you maintain the set?

Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks Ladieez!

Re: Paging BlkMane & Tonya (from TN)

Oh my gosh my first page...don't i feel honored!!
Well First off I use the red magnetic rollers and no they are not larger than the gray ones they are smaller. You know the pink goody roller..I think they are jumbo??? They are about the same size as those. I use Paul Mitchell Sculpting Lotion if I want a "harder" curl that is similer to rods(liek in the new growth pic) and I use Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade when I want it to fall into a soft wrap. I usually sit under the dryer for 30 minutes then sleep on my roller. I roll the top to the back and the side down. I finger comb my hair after I take the rollers out. The Paul Mitchell Sculpting Lotion is best for this because it leaves your curls crisp and shiny.(I also had a fresh Jazzing rinse on my pic)... If u find that the curls are too tight which I doubt..I use the purple rollers (right under grey ones) in the back for length.

I think that is about it
HTH /images/graemlins/wink.gif

To loosen my curls I wrap it for a little after removing the rollers...the longer I wrap it the looser the curls. I get a soft set when I use a creamy setting lotion. Using a leave in conditioner will give you a more relaxed set. Sometimes if I want to keep the curls mostly on the ends, I'll pull it back in a low pony tail for an hour or until I'm ready to leave the house.

NayNay-

Do u use heat to dry? Yes, I use a hood dryer for 1 1/2 hours.

What type of setting lotion do u use? I don't use setting lotion. I oil my ends with Jojoba Oil, then I apply Kiehl's Silk Groom to my hair and Lafier Rinse or Tropical Avocado on top of that.

What type and size of rollers? I use the Purple rollers with the snap-on covers. They are by "Diane".

How do roll your hair (pattern) and how many rollers do u use? I use about 26 rollers, because I put very little hair on each roller. (I really need to move up my roller size, but larger rollers won't fit under my dryer.) I use the pattern that most of the Dominican stylists use: Straight back, five rows across.
How do you maintain the set? I usually loosely braid my hair at night and apply perm rods (with end papers) to my ends at night. If I want my hair straighter, I will wrap it.

BTW- My hair also comes out much curlier after taking off the rollers. My hair loosens up once I wrap or braid it.

Back