Paging all Natural Heads...Have Kids with Natural

love2bme

My 5 year old daughter has very thick long 3c hair...what products mainly conditioners, oils, hair dressing u would recommend for this hair type. I do not have time to wash her hair everyother day so I only wash it once a week on the weekends. I have tried deep condition with cholesterol, Infusium leave ins, giovanni, nexxus, glops of vaseline and her hair absorb it all so fast and dries out so fast...she starts out with wet soft curly spirals to dried out matted poofy hair....please help a sista out
wallbash.gif

Re: Paging all Natural Heads...Have Kids with Natu

These are the products i used on my daughters hair over the years she is now almost 15 (pics of her hair are on my fotki site in my sig)
let me see what i can remember...
Hair dressings....
Dax 100 percent pure lanolin ...this worked great on freshly washed hair and lasted through the week when used through out the scalp and hair

pink oil moisturizer...sometimes this worked well, sometimes it didnt.

Perm Repair...this worked ok on her hair, needed lots of it though, its creamy , wets the hair and gives it shine and moisture

Motions oil mositurizer (pink bottle) wasnt crazy about that one.

Ive always used and love olive oil on her hair, now we are using all kinds of natural oils and butters from fromnaturewithlove.com and they are workng great, things like coconut oil, shea butter, avacodo butter etc.

i just happened upon African Royale M.O.M in her hair this morning and it works great....and i love Elasta QP Mango butter too

we are both type 3 b or c

conditioners...ive mainly stuck with Cholesterol for her sometimes the placenta conditoner too, both by Queen helene...they both work great in her hair.

also two wet leave in's for just wetness to be used with some kind of oil are, african pride leave in or allways 911...we have used these for years. my daughter was using african royale daily doctor but due to the glycering content it made her hair brittle.

how often do you dress her hair with something during the week? i know with my hair and my daughter's hair it pays to be heavy handed with products and conditioners!!!

you could also try doing the no poo, i do this with both me and my daughters hair , we wash with conditioners like its shampoo most of the time..its alot less drying

I'd recommend a gentle shampoo (sodium laureth sulfate or even better, sodium myreth sulfate--if you can find it--as the lathering agent), an oil you don't have to heat (I use Dabur Amla on my daughter--see my "Indian Hair Products" thread) a basic moisturizing conditioner and an oil as a leave in.
I would oil with the amla, let it sit a few hours then wash it out and condition. Put in a good oil moisturizer (I use Dabur Vatika on my daughter, I also recommend ORS Olive Oil lotion moisturizer). then style.
During the week you can mist her hair with distilled water, a light leave-in, or spray oil (I like the Wondegro Mega Moisture oil in a spray bottle. It comes out in a fine mist). In fact I would probably alternate between the three until wash day comes around again, re-styling as necessary.
HTH and keep us posted.

You might try the neutrogena everyone's raving about for her conditioner. I use VO5 on my daughter currently, but sometimes use Pantene's Smooth and Sleek as well. (great detangling)

Thank you both Irrestible and Umsumyyah...hope these methods work on her hair.

Back