Over-processed hair

TRYING2GROW

Hello ladies

This saturday I got my hair done at the salon, and was told that my hair was over-processed. (Which I kinda already knew) She told me that she could do some treatments to strength it. But, I had such a horrible experience there, that I'm not going back. What can I do at home for over-processed hair. Tia

Not an expert but I'd recommend keratin protein treatment like ApHogee Two Step. I'd also gradually trim the over-processed hair little by little to eventually have one even texture.

I was Over Processed, Double-Processed and Poorly Neutralized by the Salon I was formerly going to which lead me to LHCF and to become a DIY'er.

The First thing I did was try to get my Protein/Moisture Balanced on my Overprocessed Hair. I also incorporated a weekly Reconstructor into my Regimen.

I used a Protein Treatment and ALWAYS Followed Up with a Moisturizing DC'er weekly.

I was also told my Hair was Overly Porous -- So I had to work on my Porosity Issues (which I incorporated Porosity Control into my weekly Regimen per the instructions).

I also started to 'stretch' my Relaxers. I knew I wasn't going back to that particular Salon and I was afraid to relax. I also didn't use "heat" except my hood dryer.

I gave my hair a break until I felt my hair was strong enough to Safely handle a "Relaxer". I probably relaxed 13-16 weeks after that Salon Mishap.

You are going to have to really baby your hair in the upcoming weeks and get your hair back on point.

Take it from someone who knows, cut it. Nothing you can do can repair hair damaged from a relaxer. You don't have it do it all at once but gradually.

Hello ladies

This saturday I got my hair done at the salon, and was told that my hair was over-processed. (Which I kinda already knew) She told me that she could do some treatments to strength it. But, I had such a horrible experience there, that I'm not going back. What can I do at home for over-processed hair. Tia

Protein treatments. Aphogee 2 minute is great...use this with every shampoo until your hair gets back to health. At the begnning of my hair journey my hair was breaking (and heat damaged) and aphogee 2 min is one product that really got my hair healthy.

I also trimmed a good portion of my ends. I was never scissor happy with it but some ends trimming was nessisary, just to make my ends more even and get rid of some "ratchetness" for lack of a better term

(I've since upgraded to Joico K-pak but only because my hair is a snob now:look:. I'll be using Apho 2 min in the long run because it's cheaper).

Protein treatments. Aphogee 2 minute is great...use this with every shampoo until your hair gets back to health. At the begnning of my hair journey my hair was breaking (and heat damaged) and aphogee 2 min is one product that really got my hair healthy.

I also trimmed a good portion of my ends. I was never scissor happy with it but some ends trimming was nessisary, just to make my ends more even and get rid of some "ratchetness" for lack of a better term

(I've since upgraded to Joico K-pak but only because my hair is a snob now:look:. I'll be using Apho 2 min in the long run because it's cheaper).

AlliCat Also available at winners $12.99:grin:

Take it from someone who knows, cut it. Nothing you can do can repair hair damaged from a relaxer. You don't have it do it all at once but gradually.

I agree with this advice, especially the part about trimming gradually until all the overprocessed hair is removed...I speak from experience, as well.:yep:

I was having breakage issues up until a couple wks ago. Half of my hair is bone straight and that part was breaking like crazy. I started using Nexxus Pro Mend and it has really made a difference. I know it's suppose to be for split ends but it has really strengthened my hair. My daughter's hair wasn't breaking but it was shedding and it has slowed that down as well. On top of that its a good strength/moisture balance

I know your issues aren't breakage or shedding but if your hair is overproccessed u might be headed there any way. This might be an option to keep u from having to cut it off but rather strengthen it and instead trim little by little.

I use the overnight treatment, the shampoo, conditioner, and the leave in. I like them all.

Good Luck

Sent from my LS670 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Can someone tell me what are the characteristics of overprocessed hair? I just had my hair relaxed and I think that she may have overprocessed it 'cause it is starting to break off pretty badly. :(

Back