ORS replenshing pak users

mischka

shrinkage.
How frequently do you use this? Do you use the paks or the bottle (heard the bottle has different ingredients)? Relaxed or natural? Thoughts/results?

I've been having breakage for awhile (chalking this up to megatek and too much manipulation) so I've been adding the ORS to my deep conditions and I think my hair is doing better. I'm starting to see less breakage, slowly but surely enough. The other day I did a cowash with a pak and it left my hair in pretty good condition (softer than it turns out sometimes) and I think overall it's helping with the breakage.

I love this and use it each time I shampoo my hair. I buy only the bottle now. I'm natural and I use it every 7-10 days.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Nexus S 4G

Girl I love this stuff and use it so often I have to by the biggest size they have at Sally's and I wish they had a gallon with a pump! It makes my hair feel amazing. I used when I was relaxed and still as a natural!

I love using the packs but can't seem to find them in my area anymore :( I'm considering buying the bottle and praying that I love the bottle as much as the packs :)

When I first started my journey, I was using it weekly mixed with Lustrasilk. I no longer use it though but think weekly would be fine. I stopped using it because I moved away from mixing my conditioners and I just never considered using ORS on its own because I wasn't sure at that time if ORS was more moisture or protein so I just walked away from it altogether. I think halee_J has some good experience with this product. Hope your breakage gets under control soon. HHG!

SN: I now use one of the following: Joico Kpak, Ion Effective Care Treatment or SSI Okra Reconstructor.

I only use the bottle and everytime I use it, I reconfirm that I absolutely love it. Everytime Every single time my hair is both super shor and stong:lick:
Nothing detangle as well some come close, like creme of nature extreme moisture and aussie 3 min.
This is my absolute fav I no I'm repeting my self but I love this stuff to bad the bottles are so small:ohwell:

I was in target comparing the ingredients of the pak and the bottle. I gave up after a lil while but most of the ingredients are the same. I didn't see any differences. And I love the pak. I stopped using it but I wish I hadn't. So I'm gonna get some from sallys soon. It's good stuff. Good enough for weekly use. I never feel like I need to DC after using it. Other conditioners have me running to the cabinet looking for a remedy. But that ORS is good stuff. Oh I'm relaxed

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

The ingredients are the same but most ladies feel the paks give them the exact quantity they need. I used to use it but stopped because they changed their ingredients and I felt it wasn't working for me any more. But I used it last month and it worked fine but the tingle just wasn't there.

I use it when natural and use it now that I'm texlaxed. I've been using the paks for about 8-9 months. I usually steam, too, but regardless of whether or not I steam my hair still feels nice.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using T-Mobile G2

i've never used the pak but i like the bottle...i was thinking about picking a bottle up tomorrow because i need some protein, but i hate the smell...if i see the pak i'll probably just get that so i dont have to commit to the whole bottle...i think you can use it weekly because its moisturizing also.

I like it. I havent noticed a difference between the bottle and the pak. I use it for DC and it makes my hair soft. Reasons I have stopped is I'm too lazy to run to the store, I'm trying other things to see if I can get more moisture and strength, sometimes the buildup is hard to rinse, and my SO doesn't like orange smelling things. Aussie and Joico are NOT as moisturizing for my hair for some reason. I will buy something new, but nothing compares to ORS. I do like to mix my ORS and other condishes like Joico balm and that works well. :yep:

ORS is the best, i love both the pak and the bottle. I dc with it 2 to 4 times a month but I always strive for more...its expensive because i use half a bottle in one application.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah I think I'll stick with this. My hair was breaking off really badly and I was at my wits end. I'm glad to see it start to improve and I hope eventually it stops breaking for no reason at all (I know some breakage is normal, but my hair seems to break more excessively than it should).

I'm out of the moisturizing conditioner I use for my dcs so I'm wondering if I could just substitute this as the base of the deep condition. I had actually bought the bottle a long time ago but used it once and stopped, because when I used it by itself as a deep condition my hair felt stiff and coated after washing it out. But now it doesn't - so maybe I didn't need it then but my hair could benefit from it now?

I absolutely love this stuff! It has been my staple moisturizing DC for the last 2 years :yep: Moisturizes, softens and has lots of slip. The formula did change, but I find it pretty much works the same just has a little less slip.

Like another poster said, this is one of those products that I always return to. I know it works, my hair always feels great after using it. Yet it sits on the shelf while I run around being a PJ :rolleyes:

divachyk Thank you but it's Sally's and Walmart where I usually buy the packs but they are out and said they don't know why they haven't gotten any more in :( And there isn't a Dollar General in my area. I'm screwed, lol!

this is the only deep condish i use on my hair......i use it evry other week, and usaully by the small packs frm sallys.

I think now the paks are the same formula as the new formula change in the bottle unless you go to a BSS that still have the old ones. I use to love this conditioner but have not revisited since the formula change.

Back