Optimum Advanced Keratin Whipped Creme Relaxer System

trendsetta25

this looks interesting....i would like to try it but it's for salon use only. Can this be bought online...i tried googling it and can't find it at all!

6a00e5536f3be088330147e2f95e74970b-800wi

here's the skinny...I posted this on my site

SoftSheen- Carson Professional launced a new professional line that is made solely for Salon Professionals called Optimum Advanced Keratin Whipped Creme Relaxer System in April 2011. This relaxer is “blended with the breakthrough "Smart Lye + Oil Infusion" technology, which uses twenty-five percent less sodium hydroxide -- resulting in reduced damage, serious straightness, and the softest, glossiest, strands, ever.”

Johnny Wright; SoftSheen-Carson Artistic Style Director raves “the Keratin in the relaxer it helps with hair health and strength because that is what hair is made of, keratin. The keratin keeps the hair strong and healthy; it’s a protein that also adds a lot of sheen. The shine and the moisture in the hair is significant due to the patent-pending “Smart Lye” that uses 25 percent less sodium hydroxide for significantly reduced damage and healthier hair and this relaxer is odor free!”

I used the Optimum anti breakage relaxer and I loved how healthy my hair felt with it. It was the only relaxer that came close to getting my hair strait.:lol: The second best was Silk Element's Olive oil relaxer.:drunk: Since entering 30, relaxers just don't make my hair bone strait without heat. Now that I am natural, I can't straiten my hair at all.:rolleyes:

So tempted to buy to self-relax... :look: I love Optimum, my stylist uses it and I would say it's better than Mizani.

I like the way it looks and I have very good results with their relaxers. The one turn off is I read it was more mousse like than a cream. I would not want to use a mousse relaxer for some reason. Maybe I'm just use to creams.

I like the way it looks and I have very good results with their relaxers. The one turn off is I read it was more mousse like than a cream. I would not want to use a mousse relaxer for some reason. Maybe I'm just use to creams.

I get what you're saying... a mousse consistency would seem more difficult to apply correctly in my opinion.

I'm really interested in trying this. I used to use optimum relaxers back in the day and was always pleased with the results.

Interesting.. considering how big the relaxer industry is I'm surprised how long it's taken for the manufacturers to stop taking their customer loyalty for granted and start drastically improving the relaxer systems. This product was only introduced this year but I def. want to see how it works out for women using it over time.

The product list in the kit is also interesting:

Smart Lye - 25% less Sodium Hydroxide which creates straight hair that is stronger.
Pro keratin complex - a patented complex that infuses Keratin into the hair.
Oil infusion -a blend of Argan and Coconut oils.

The system also includes a Ceramide Gel Scalp Protectant, Keratin Crème PH Recovery Conditioner, Keratin Recovery Neutralizing Shampoo and Keratin Sealing Leave –in Conditioner.

I would like to use all the supporting product like the conditioner, leave in, and shampoo, but the relaxer I would not try to do myself. Mousse is kind drippy. I would not feel comfortable with that. Plus I enjoy being able to do my own relaxer.

Last edited:
BUMP

Any ladies using this relaxer system, and what were your experiences?

I have used Optimum Multimineral Reduced pH Creme Lye Relaxer System (their other pro lye system on the Softsheen Carson website) with WONDERFUL results for over 10 years. I saw this new one on the BSS shelf a long while back and though it piqued my curiosity, I was giving it the side eye for the instructions saying to use the conditioner FIRST, then to neutralize. (I know some women do the mid-step protein anyway, but I don't because I don't like to be overprocessed).

The Keratin Whipped system only has one review on Amazon, and the same woman "Dani" posted on another site the same review that it gave her scalp burns. Now I'm one of them whose mantra when it comes to relaxers is, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," but I wanted to know if others are using it with success.

I'm sticking with my Optimum Multimineral for as long as they make it, and even if they stop, I will use Silk Elements, my old school fave Revlon Realistic, or Mizani Rhelaxer in Fine as a last resort. I'm paranoid to switch relaxers, but I want to know if others use this system with good results in case the day ever comes where I need to switch to this one to stay in the Optimum line of relaxers.

I, like others am NOT fond of using a mousse-like relaxer. I prefer a nice thick cream that is easy to whip. I don't ever use no-lye...just my personal preference.

Last edited:
Back