Once again...retouching between 6-8 weeks...

ShiShiPooPoo

I may have to start doing this...:look:

...at least for a minute.

Last night I got my retouch at almost 11 weeks. My new growth was out of control. My stylist...who is awesome... had to let it process longer than normal because my stuff is/was so resistant. She washed it out and I still have a patch toward the front that is not the same texture as the rest.

I don't know. When I was going every 6 weeks or so (back in the day pre-LHCF) the perm processed faster and I wasn't scared of damaging my hair. Last night I was literally sitting there like "WTH?" My stylist was like "it is not anywhere NEAR where we like it". I finally just told her to wash it out after the full processing time...and this was a regular strength.

Anyone out there feel me? I don't want to go this route but I don't like sitting there with relaxer on my head for 30 min. (est.) either...

Oh Lord, now you got me nervous. I stretched (for the first time ever) an extra two weeks. I usually touch up at 6 but yesterday was 8 weeks. I'm getting a touch up tomorrow and am nervous but interested in how it will work out.

My new growth is a struggle but I do "carefully" comb through it at least once a week after moisturizing it so that it won't tangle.

I already now that I'm going to be a pain in the butt because I'm going to watch everything the shampoo girl does to prep me for the relaxer.

I'm toying with the idea of asking my stylist about helping me transition.

You've used this relaxer before?

I'm not trying to play your stylist, but the hair that grows out your head isn't gonna be more resistant as it grows out. You might have more resistant spots than others, but the longer your natural hair grows out, it doesn't get more resistant.

Maybe she didnt use enough relaxer or didn't smooth long enough? I just think it doesn't make sense to leave your relaxer in longer, risk damage because it was more resistant because you waited longer.. just saying

Oh Lord, now you got me nervous. I stretched (for the first time ever) an extra two weeks. I usually touch up at 6 but yesterday was 8 weeks. I'm getting a touch up tomorrow and am nervous but interested in how it will work out.

My new growth is a struggle but I do "carefully" comb through it at least once a week after moisturizing it so that it won't tangle.

I already now that I'm going to be a pain in the butt because I'm going to watch everything the shampoo girl does to prep me for the relaxer.

I'm toying with the idea of asking my stylist about helping me transition.

You'll be fine. I usually go 8-10 but this time the time got away from me or my hair just started growing real fast.

You've used this relaxer before?

I'm not trying to play your stylist, but the hair that grows out your head isn't gonna be more resistant as it grows out. You might have more resistant spots than others, but the longer your natural hair grows out, it doesn't get more resistant.

Maybe she didnt use enough relaxer or didn't smooth long enough? I just think it doesn't make sense to leave your relaxer in longer, risk damage because it was more resistant because you waited longer.. just saying

Yes, this is the same relaxer. My hair is resistant anyway (I can use a super if I wanted :look:) but it just seemed like there was so much new growth. I couldn't even comb through it like my texture changed or something...like from 3c to 4a. It is very straight but it just took so long for it to get there I think because of too much ng. I hope that makes sense.

...and you can play my stylist! :yep: My question is..."Would it be less damaging to not have as much new growth so it's not in as long or less damaging to have a ton of ng growth and it has to process longer?"

..and I didn't think about her not using enough relaxer...that could be it.

Back