On a budget, need product tips

Mamamia

Ok Ladies, Im headed back to school for my doctorate this summer and Im on a budget. I have some products but I was wondering what are some good staples that are relatively inexpensive?? Here are the things Im interested in:

Pre poo conditioner
Moisturizing Conditioner
Shampoo
Leave-in

Ya know with these gas prices and everything else getting higher in price, the first thing I thought of is MUST SAVE HAIR!!! LOL

In my Drugstore album there are 50+ reviewed products in all those categories that won't break your budget. See my fotki.

HTH!

Congrats on going back for ure doctorate!!!

For moisturizing condtioner (conditioner washes) I use Suave products. My favorite is the Suave Toasted Vanilla..... its CHEAP, thick, creamy, gives great slip, awesome with detangling, very moisturizing, and smells GREAT!!! I love it! :)

I like Suave too. Years ago that was pretty much the only kind of shampoo and conditioner I used. Then I got into the PJ thing and......:nono:

Ok Ladies, Im headed back to school for my doctorate this summer and Im on a budget. I have some products but I was wondering what are some good staples that are relatively inexpensive?? Here are the things Im interested in:

Pre poo conditioner Suave Humectant or Herbal Essence LTR
Moisturizing Conditioner Elasta QP DRP-11, Elasta QP Intense, ORS Replenishing
Shampoo Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Poo or CON Ultra-Moisturizing (Green label)
Leave-in Elasta QP H-Two and/or Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer

Ya know with these gas prices and everything else getting higher in price, the first thing I thought of is MUST SAVE HAIR!!! LOL

As you probably figured, I'm an Elasta girl. Some people don't like Elasta but they've done me well. Most of the products are under $6...my hair is thriving nicely. :yep: The only thing that i HATE about Elasta products is that everything is black and white, same size same lettering so you have to look twice to make sure you have the right thing. I'm sure this is how they keep the costs low.

ETA: As far as prepooing, I've also had success with good ole EVOO and/or coconut oil.

Last edited:
Congrats on going back to school!

For pre-pooing I love using any type of cholesterol cream mixed with oil (right now I am using Queen Helene Cholesterol Cream and I mix it with EVOO). It works great for me and is cheap.

Pre poo conditioner LeKair Cholesterol Plus
Moisturizing Conditioner Neutrogena Clean Replenishing
Shampoo CON green label (old formula)
Leave-in Africa's Best Liquid Mayo

All of these items are under $4 too!

Congrats on Grad school - i hope I am in your place in 2 yrs....:grin:
Anyway

Try your kitchen for Cheap and good products....

Lots of homemade stuff is cheeeeep!
sj

ITA with what everyone has said. I really love the Elasta DPR-11 for DC's, add some honey and EVOO and you have a winner.

Pre poo conditioner
Moisturizing Conditioner
Shampoo
Leave-in

Pre poo conditioner - any suave cond
Moisturizing Conditioner -suave humectant
Shampoo - suave humectant
Leave-in - suave humectant diluted with water

I'm serious too :)

Last edited:
My second set of quality products are as follows:

Shampoo: Cream of Nature (ultra moisturizing/detangling formula)
Conditioner: Motions Moisture Plus--add oil(s)
Detangler: Infusium 23 Leave in Treatment
Pomade: Softee Indian Hemp or TCB Naturals
Hair Oils: Hot 6 or Africa’s Best Herbal Complex

:dance7:

Pre poo conditioner - Suave or V05 (about 99 cents or less)
Moisturizing Conditioner Silicon Mix (about 4.99-5.99)
Shampoo - Suave or V05 (about 99 cents or less)
Leave-in Infusium 23 leave in or Lacio Lacio (between 6.99-7.99)

Inexpensive items with a Luxe feel

i agree with the others

but i definitely say get some EVOO from Sam's Club, Costco or something like that. It has multiple purposes and in a budget crunch can be a lifesaver.

ARR

PS CONGRATS ON GOING BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back