OMG i finally have a regimen!!

Zay-neey

After Being natural for 2 yrs!! i finally have a regimen!! lol im so late to the game :look: finally no more trial and error!!

did it take anyone else a long time to find a regimen?

After Being natural for 2 yrs!! i finally have a regimen!! lol im so late to the game :look: finally no more trial and error!!

Now you know you have to share with us what it is. :lol:

Yes it took me that long because I wore my hair up in extensions for most of it.

Congratulations.

Congratulations on pinning down your regimen. Please share.

Yes, it's taken awhile (2+ yrs) ... Still fine tuning it, but I hope to be there soon.

i'm still trying to figure out what my hair likes, not neccessary find a regimen. But year..I'm pushing 3 years. I took, tuck my hair away in extensions a lot.

Took me 5yrs. I did have extensions a lot but I also had long periods w/o them and I still didn't know what I was doing...Until recently. Please share your regimen!

When its out its crazy all I do is cowash because that's what works half the time I can't even find my scalp uuuggghhh

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Congrats! I know its tough to do, especially with all of the different techniques, regimens and products out there to confuse and tempt you.

I have also recently pinned down a more stable regimen that i'm content with (minor fine tuning still needed, but overall, i'm happy). I had an old regimen that was ok, then i lost my way, but it took about 1.5 years to find something simple that works for me and when i realized it, i was so thrilled.

lol yes it does feel good. its funny because ive spent most of my time trying out mostly natural products, but what works for me wasnt even natural products. i also got tired of ordering products, decided to use on the ground products only.

my regimen :
Pre-poo with my oil mix
wash 1x week with organic root stimulator creamy aloe
DC with ors replenishing conditioner, with heat cap
use tresemme naturals nourishing moisture conditioner as leave in, seal with oil mix
Air dry
Use tresemme naturals conditioner as moisturizer, seal with oil mix, and do satin braid out.

My oil mix is a mix of high ceramide containing oils, and penetrating oils. my hair really likes it.

OP, this is a great question. I thought I was the only one. Its been over 4 years and I'm still tweaking. Do you know I'm just now discovering ceramides?:)

I think I have my regimen down but I'm just going to do one more tweak and replace olive oil with hempseed oil for ceramides. Then I don't think I need to buy any hair products for the rest of the year.

I have so many products. I am really enjoying this journey...and the fellowship of all of you. When I see someone with beautiful natural hair I say, " Ooh... are you on the long hair care forum?

I've been natural since 04 and still haven't pinned down that elusive regimen that is right for me. The only thing that I KNOW my hair loves is henna and some of my homemade oil mixtures. I've lost so much hair due to shedding in the last year it is utterly amazing that I still have hair on my head.

I'm glad you found your reggie!

Back