Old advertisements?

Amber_moon

I was looking at one of the thread and there was a member here (Im sorry ive forgotten your Screen Name) who has in her signature a very old advertisement for a "snake oil" type product for black hair. It kinda says something like "straightens as it grows and beautifies!" or something like that.

Does anybody else have photos of old black hair product advertisements that they can share?

I think theyre kinda funny to look at and see how far we have (and to some extent how far we have NOT) come.

Oh, yeah, I know the one you are talking about! I think it's hilarious how the woman's hair goes from being type 4b to like 3a from using the product!

Sorry, I don't have any of those ads to share, but I look forward to seeing what others dig up.

joyousnerd said:
Oh, yeah, I know the one you are talking about! I think it's hilarious how the woman's hair goes from being type 4b to like 3a from using the product!

Sorry, I don't have any of those ads to share, but I look forward to seeing what others dig up.

YEAH!!! it was so funny! I tried googling for it but couldnt find anything.

:wave: Hi, Amber!

I think it is me that you are talking about :) .

I have one more, but I don't know who to post it....maybe I'll change my siggy and share.

HHG!

DenverGirl said:
:wave: Hi, Amber!

I think it is me that you are talking about :) .

I have one more, but I don't know who to post it....maybe I'll change my siggy and share.

HHG!

HOORAY!!!

If you just pload it to photobucket.com and link it here or up load it to a fotki or something...

Aslo, do you have a larger version of the one in your siggy?

Thanks!

Back