Okay I am doing My FIRST Overnight Conditioning Treatment!

SignatureBeauty

I have read alot about others leaving conditioner in theri hair overnight and saying that it makes their hair soft and moisturized and that is just what I need my hair has been so dry lately so I decided to try the overnight method. So I made me a Nice Conditioner Mix of Suave Coconut Conditioner,Coconut Milk & Honey and I whipped it until it looked kind of frothy and I let it sit for about 15min, I shampooed with my shampoo bar and I applied it to towel dried hair and covered with a Plastic Cap and my scarf and I am good to go:) So I will report in the Morning on how it turned out.

TSUPrincess I am so Jealous! Your curls are Beautiful!! I hope that it gives me the softness and mushiness that others say they get.LOL!!!! My hair is just so dry after that henna/indigo that I had to cut an inch off and my hair is doing better since I did that, but it was that darn Lemon Juice. Won't do that Again LOL!!!!!

Thanks!

I'm going to go ahead and try the overnight treatment also. I just washed my hair a few minutes ago with Elucence shampoo, and slathered my hair with V05 Chamomile & Tea Conditioner (I love V05 conditioners now!). After that, I ran a little Proclaim Oil (the Olive Oil version) through my hair, on top of the conditioner. I'm sitting here with a plastic cap over my head, just like you, lol.

LOL!!! Okay then we can report back in the Morning and see how it turned out. I didn't use any oils, but I started to use a few drops but I didn't, After I wake up I will rinse it all off and let it air dry for a few hours and see how it turns out, I hope it turns out good LOL!!!!!

I hope it would keep my hair so moist that I hardley need any other product, Today I done a CW and after I rinsed it I didn't apply anything and my hair felt kind of okay but it had more sheen to it LOL!!!! I am about to go to slepp in a little while so I am all comfy, no squishiness, or crackling bag LOL!!!

I just applied my overnight cond. I part my dry hair in 4 sections. I warm cond and then apply it to each section. Cover with plastic cap and hair bonnet and off to bed I go. I've been doing this all year and my hair is thriving. I think you will see good results.

Really! janeemat how many times do you do it? Uhmmm! I never thought to warm it LOL!!! Do you apply the conditioner mix every night or every other night? weekly etc. Do you have to apply moisturizer the next day or does it stay soft and moist for you?

My hair is probably 1inch and a half but I really need to take care of the dry ends that are always out.

Thanks janeemat!

Let me tell you'll what a difference your hair will be in the morning I swear by this I do this about 4 times a month especially after a protein I sleep with my conditioner I've tried a lot of conditioner but sleeping with the nexxus humectress and the alter ego garlic treatments gave me the best outcome imaginable I can't wait to check in for your views in the morning got luck chicas

Guesswho I am gonna have to look into this alter ego garlic treatment because you talk about that alot LOL!!!! So it muct be some good stuff, I will also look into the Nexxus Humectress once I am done with all other products LOL!!!! So do you do it Once a Week? 4x's a month?

I will have my report too LOL!!!

Yep I use it once a week! I deep condition every sunday but during the week normally its on a wednesday I will sleep with conditioner preferably my humectress but I always co wash and pour my mixture of baking soda and warm water over my hair so the conditioner could really penetrate the shaft and do its thing I get the best results this way hth!

Okay so you pour a baking soda mix over your hair before your conditioner mix? do you shampoo or just rinse your hair first? What do you deep condition with? I have a Jar of ORS Hair Mayo & I have a Gentle protein treatment that can be used weekly but I read some where that too much protein is bad for Natural Hair.

Okay I did it! and I must say that my hair was very soft, but it didn't stay that way, I am waiting on my heavy cream to arrive this coming week because I am out and I think when I do it again and use a tab bit of that It will be just fine.

I had used a Moisturizer I had and it has glycerin in it and it went all down hill from there, but most of my hair is still soft but my edges are rough, I think because they are thin from wearing that darn scarf too much so I have to only wear that at night LOL!! But All in all I Like It!!

try using the nexxus humectress it's gonna be a difference, and they have it on sale in bjs for 26.00 dollars the super large size I went to the bss and bought it for 39.50 and when I went to bjs for food shopping I saw the same thing for 26.00 you no I raced back to the bss and took that right back lol, you should also try lacio lacio in your hair as a leave in after the overnight treatment it's gonna be a difference.

Okay what is Lacio Lacio? LOL!! I bet a Good Quality Conditioner like Nexxus will work better, and what is BJS? You got to fill me in, I don't mind spending money on my hair LOL!!!!!!

Well, when I rinsed out the conditioner in the shower this morning, my hair was kinda soft and had a "slight" mush feel to it. I don't really know if it made a complete difference or not, but I will definitely try it again with different conditioners. :)

NappyParadise said:
Okay what is Lacio Lacio? LOL!! I bet a Good Quality Conditioner like Nexxus will work better, and what is BJS? You got to fill me in, I don't mind spending money on my hair LOL!!!!!!

you have me laughing you are too cute lol, ok lacio lacio is a dominican leave in it's really great I've tried salerm21 and it also works great they are priced like 7.99 give or take, and bj's is a wholesale place that sells everything at a cheaper price it's like a costco or a sams club if it rings a bell, my girlfriend just told be cvs have the nexxus humectress for 27.00 hth!:)

Okay! My Wal mart and HEB sells Nexxus hair products so I will go get some when I get paid again, So can I get the Dominican Leave In Online? I do have a Local Sams Club also. Thanks you I will look into all of that!

NappyParadise said:
Okay! My Wal mart and HEB sells Nexxus hair products so I will go get some when I get paid again, So can I get the Dominican Leave In Online? I do have a Local Sams Club also. Thanks you I will look into all of that!

yep you could definitely order the lacio lacio and salerm 21 online, do a google you should get it easy:)

I did my first overnight conditioner on Monday , and when I rinsed it was really soft but after it dried it was just okay. However, I noticed during the week using the same products the softness sort of crept back in. Over the week my hair wasnt nearly as dry as it normally is by weekend.

Yeah I Agree! once you have that good moisturizer to Follow it will be fine and help keep it soft, but it seems to be good to get those ends.

Back