Ok, what does it mean for you to condition overnight and the middle part of your hair

C

chica_canella

is still not moisturized.

Is it damaged?

can i nurse it back to health?

I've already cut it and the middle part only comes to my neck.

any suggestions

oh, and i used lekair cholestrol. the rest of my hair loves it and comes out great. it moisturizes and seems is getting better (the dry part).

thanks

Hrm.

1) Is your hair colored?

2) Is the texture of hair the same as the rest of your hair?

3) Do you have any scars there?

4) When is the last time you clarified?

nappywomyn said:
Hrm.

1) Is your hair colored?

2) Is the texture of hair the same as the rest of your hair?

3) Do you have any scars there?

4) When is the last time you clarified?

No, it isn't colored

I have three diffrent textures and this is the coursest (sorry about spelling)

No scars.

Clarifying seems to make it worse.

there was a thread somewhere that showed how many women have course hair at the crown.
When I take my braids down I am going to start paying attention to this area and seeing what its needs are. Although the rest of your hair may love LeKlair, the course crown area may need something extra

try adding some castor oil to the colestrol or try another conditioner alltogether...experiment!
hth!!!

cutiebe2 said:
there was a thread somewhere that showed how many women have course hair at the crown.
When I take my braids down I am going to start paying attention to this area and seeing what its needs are. Although the rest of your hair may love LeKlair, the course crown area may need something extra

try adding some castor oil to the colestrol or try another conditioner alltogether...experiment!
hth!!!

ok, i will do that but I don't know any conditioner more moisturizing than LeKair. I thought it was the most moisturizing mask conditioner. I can't believe I need something stronger. But hey, whatever it takes. I'm open for suggestions.

Coconut milk and daily doctor was the answer for me I tell ya!!!!!!
No other commercial conditioner works wonders as these two

Hrrm.

If your hair is coarsest there, it is most likely also driest there. Do you use products with cones in them? Does LeKair have petroleum in it?
A FABULOUS moisturing conditioner that I use is ElastaQP's Intense Fortitfying Moisturizing Conditioner - it's REALLY good. It's not as thick as LeKair - but it really seeps into your hair and makes it CRAZY soft.

do you use hot oil treatments? Are you conditioning the middle of your head properly? I ask the latter, because a friend came over while I was conditioning my head..and when I was done, she was like do you plan on conditioning the middle of your head. I didn't realize until then that I pay more attention to the front, back and sides while conditioning. HTH.

nappywomyn said:
Hrrm.

If your hair is coarsest there, it is most likely also driest there. Do you use products with cones in them? Does LeKair have petroleum in it?
A FABULOUS moisturing conditioner that I use is ElastaQP's Intense Fortitfying Moisturizing Conditioner - it's REALLY good. It's not as thick as LeKair - but it really seeps into your hair and makes it CRAZY soft.

ok, thanks. i will try this conditioner.

thanks everyone.

do you use hot oil treatments? Are you conditioning the middle of your head properly? I ask the latter, because a friend came over while I was conditioning my head..and when I was done, she was like do you plan on conditioning the middle of your head. I didn't realize until then that I pay more attention to the front, back and sides while conditioning. HTH.
Lol

Ive been paying special attn to the crown lately. For years i would wonder why it kept breakg and feelg dry like brillo

Its now the shortest and thinnest area of my hair and i feel bad for neglectg it. Just didnt know what to do, and when i did try somthg i wasnt consistent

I have been doing the following more regularly and it seems to be payg off:
1. Prepoo w heat, using aloe gel and oil (currently coconut or grapeseed)
2. DC w heat, rinse DC w cold water
3. Spritz crown area w water or leave-in, then seal when it starts to feel even a lil bit dry. If I'm betwn washes i will seal w somthg heavier than the above mentiond oils. Prob a cream (SMCES) or a hair lotion

I notice its not as crunchy but its still thin. With patience and consistency it should grow out

Dry hair at the crown can often suggest a dehydrated scalp. Reducing the time between washes, even just water rinsing more often can turn that area around.

Back