Oil Sheen on Scalp

• Thread starter Thread starter HoneyRockette
  • Start date Start date
H

HoneyRockette

Can you put oil sheen spray on your scalp? The back of the can says I could but I don't believe it. There are some iffy ingredients. Does anyone put oil sheen spray on their scalp on a regular basis?

P.S. I am talking about ORS Olive Oil sheen spray in particular.

i don't want to sound smart, but why do you want to put oil sheen on your scalp? i mean is it dry or itching or something?? just asking before i post my answer to make sure
wink.gif

nay.

I have braids right now. I put regular oil on my scalp twice or three times a week and I was wondering if I could spray oil sheen spray on my scalp in between.

ooohh now i understand, i didn't know you had braids/cornrows. well i guess the oil sheen would be okay. that's what i always use when i have my cornrows. i spray a whole lot on my hair before i go to bed and then wrap it with a durag. i really like it.

HoneyRockette,

I have braids and from time to time I use oil sheen on my scalp when I'm too lazy to use s-curl activator or olive oil on my scalp. I use the pink oil moisturizer oil sheen that comes with a little tiny straw attachment to get in between the braids. I haven't had any problems with it, but I make sure I don't use it excessively for fear of clogging my pores and NEVER reaching my goal length.

What the deal about not putting grease no the scalp? I've been greasing my scalp 2-3 times a week for years, and my hair has grown to bottom bra strap length. That's just with perming, washing, and greasing, no vitamins or special hair care techniques. I don't understand why people wouldn't want to grease the scalp. I'd rather grease my scalp than the length of my hair. I don't like greasy hair.

Me too Allandra. That is why I am trying to avoid putting actual oil on my scalp but when it is semi-exposed like this, it tends to get slightly less oily and ITCHY!

Back