oh crap did I screw up??

L.Brown1114

I was looking for a moisturizing deep conditioner so I bought joico k pak deep penetrating constructing conditioner and now I'm seeing its a protein deep conditioner. I did bleach my hair a month our so ago. Should I take it back and get a moisturizing one? Or dots my hair need more protein right now and using a protein DC every week is fine?? I use a moisturizing sulfate free shampoo and trader joes nourishing spa conditioner and after I DC I would do the LOC method using elasta QP mango and olive oil leave in, grape seed oil, and whipped shea butter. Is that enough moisture or will I need a moistirizing DC??

K pak is undeniably a protein treatment. I believe medium strength. Go get some Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. It's moisture in a bottle. Infusing moisture from moisturizing and sealing won't be enough after a protein DC.

K pak is undeniably a protein treatment. I believe medium strength. Go get some Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. It's moisture in a bottle. Infusing moisture from moisturizing and sealing won't be enough after a protein DC.

If I buy the moisture recovery balm do I use that twice a month and then the protein one twice a month. Like alternate??

I prefer the plain moisture recovery conditioner. For my hair it works better than the balm, but neither are to be slept on. OP, any of the Joico line will take you from 0 - 10.

LOL at me being tagged in this thread SuchaLady. That said, JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm is like unicorn tears in a bottle. Just magical. :lick:

Definitely get the JOICO Moisture Recovery Balm. I use it weekly and have no issues.
KPAK is an honest-to-goodness protein, so I would stick to that once per month, followed by JOICO MRB or some other moisturizing conditioner. The exception being if you're currently treating damage, in which case you could use it a couple of times per month. Careful if you're protein sensitive.

Back