Official Introduction + Henna Results!

EmpressVirgo

Hi LHCF Ladies,

I have finally decided to introduce myself after a long career of lurking. At first, I had only come to this site when a google search about hair would bring me here. It seems that everything I search for is right here! I love all things pertaining to beauty- Hair, Nails & Skin!

Thanks to all of you ladies for posting your advice and product reviews!

Here is my first contribution:

I wanted to try Henna and so I made an impulsive trip to Lush and bought the Caca Rouge Mama. My hair is naturally very dark brownish black and I had previously highligted my hair with a semi permanent color in random spots. The henna gave me a gorgeous red tint with gorgeous highlights!

I used plain water and followed the directions, and applied the henna to dry hair. I kept it in overnight, about 10 hrs total, and when I rinsed I noticed immediately that my hair was smoother and definitely looser! I was actually able to comb my hair under running water with NO conditioner! Something I was never able to do before! :grin:
I love the results! I have attached photos of my hair right after rinsing the henna out and also after flat ironing.

Attachments

• flat_iron_henna.jpg
    flat_iron_henna.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 291
  • wet_henna_result.JPG
    wet_henna_result.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 308
  • wet_after_henna.JPG
    wet_after_henna.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 305
Beautiful hair! I was in Lush this week and I looked at their henna. I'm glad I didn't buy it because I wouldn't want the loosening but I really love the color.

:welcome: to the board and omg you have gorgeous hair!!!

So... what's your regimen? You can't make an introduction without sharing your regimen! :giggle:

Hi LHCF Ladies,

I have finally decided to introduce myself after a long career of lurking. At first, I had only come to this site when a google search about hair would bring me here. It seems that everything I search for is right here! I love all things pertaining to beauty- Hair, Nails & Skin!

Thanks to all of you ladies for posting your advice and product reviews!

Here is my first contribution:

I wanted to try Henna and so I made an impulsive trip to Lush and bought the Caca Rouge Mama. My hair is naturally very dark brownish black and I had previously highligted my hair with a semi permanent color in random spots. The henna gave me a gorgeous red tint with gorgeous highlights!

I used plain water and followed the directions, and applied the henna to dry hair. I kept it in overnight, about 10 hrs total, and when I rinsed I noticed immediately that my hair was smoother and definitely looser! I was actually able to comb my hair under running water with NO conditioner! Something I was never able to do before! :grin:
I love the results! I have attached photos of my hair right after rinsing the henna out and also after flat ironing.

Welcome aboard! I love your shrinkage and your hairs looks lush and soft!

My hair loses its curl pattern very easily, probably because I have fine-medium strands. I wouldnt let my results scare you away from henna, and you probably would not want to leave it in as long as I did. I actually wanted to loosen up my hair a bit because it tangles horribly. I will update you to let you know if the loosening effect is permanent or not.

E=NappyNelle;17496479] to the board and omg you have gorgeous hair!!!

So... what's your regimen? You can't make an introduction without sharing your regimen! [/QUOTE]

Thank you :-)
I'm sorry! I'm at work now so I will give the short version.

I cowash 2-3x per week and I rock buns 90% of the time... I need to change that because it makes me feel plain at times.

The other 10% of the time I rock braidouts and occasionally flat iron.

The key for me is frequent washing and minimal manipulation. My strands are very sensitive- fine-medium and porous, but I have high density

Welcome aboard! I love your shrinkage and your hairs looks lush and soft!

Thank you!!

EmpressVirgo I'm behind what is Caca Rouge Mama? Is it easier to used compared to henna????? Your hair is so lush

It's a henna bar from LUSH Cosmetics. Check out the site, its all natural and its easier since theres no measuring or guesswork. Only thing is that it's not finely milled and a bit of a pain to rinse out. I love it anyway.

OhMahGah my bestie finally posted! Now yall can see the fabulousness of her hair!

YES GAWD! lol You are my hair fairy for real! I couldn't keep it to myself! P.S. Your hair is longer than that avatar pic girl u need to update that mkay?

EmpressVirgo said:
YES GAWD! lol You are my hair fairy for real! I couldn't keep it to myself!
LOL aww thanx boo! You know I can be irrationally shy about what I've done but I'm blessed to have people like you in my life. I'm so happy with the progress we've made:kiss:

P.S. Your hair is longer than that avatar pic girl u need to update that mkay?
Chile you aint neva lied, this pic is ol' as time I need to get it together:rofl: haven't updated in a minute but thats gonna change, this thread is motivating me:grin:

My hair loses its curl pattern very easily, probably because I have fine-medium strands. I wouldnt let my results scare you away from henna, and you probably would not want to leave it in as long as I did. I actually wanted to loosen up my hair a bit because it tangles horribly. I will update you to let you know if the loosening effect is permanent or not.

My strands are very fine. My hair feels heavier after regular henna but it bounced back by the next wash. I'm interesting in knowing how this turns out. I also think Lush's henna is way too expensive for the amount of product vs going to the Indian grocer.

Very pretty hair! I have henna but haven't used it for fear of my hair losing it's curl pattern. I await your updates! :)

Thanks for sharing for regimen!! I love your hair both ways and I'm sure you don't look plain in your bun.

:poke: BlackMasterPiece Thanks for inviting your friend to the board and please update your photos for us, please!!

Back